Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 08:47 PM

26 posts, read 84,960 times

Advertisements

Where's the best place in the area for purchasing a family room sofa as well as new mattresses........nothing too pricey.....nothing cheap.....a mid price recomendation would greatly be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 04:21 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,330,260 times
Infinger's in Goose Creek.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:26 AM

194 posts, read 645,679 times
Weeks Furniture in West Ashley. Great prices and lots of selection. It's a small store but they have a lot to choose from.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:53 AM

48 posts, read 107,859 times
Buchie's By Design in Goose Creek is nice as well.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:06 AM

478 posts, read 1,657,798 times
We just had to buy a lot of furniture after moving here - and we were on a budget - since we took such a loss on our house in MI. I really liked Infingers, Haverty's, Hamilton's in Walterboro, but we truly didn't want to spend that much - again we were very tight. I keep saying one day when my kids are gone, I'll buy the "good" stuff - but now I have grandkids and the damage continues (smile). I've heard a lot of people feel it's worth the trip to NC and buy the good stuff at discount prices - we just didn't have the time - I got tired of living without furniture.

I pieced everything together from: Sam's Club, Costco, JCPenney online, and rugs from Overstock.com - and have received many compliments - so? Sectional from Sam's was on clearance for $700, the leather chairs were a bit more $500 each; JCPenney Online - again clearance a table & 6 chairs for around $1K. Console table, coffee tables on-line both under $200. I took advantage of on-line coupons, free shipping... again my husband has taught me well - he and his family are "shoppers."

After the purchase of leather chairs - Costco had 2 packs for $700 (I think) - that's why I list them. Both Sam's and Costco have great prices on mattresses too. Again not Thomasville, or any high end stuff, but these are for the great room, and kitchen - so they get a lot of use, and I have 2 teeangers who are hard on furniture along with 2 grandkids - so I'd rather not spend a ton, and then I don't feel bad about replacing it in a few years down the road. My living room and dining room were both Thomasville - and my husband refuses to replace them because of the cost - so I learned my lesson - but that's me - styles change, tastes change - and I don't want to be locked into it for life.

I dressed up the sectional with accent pillows from TJ Maxx and throws (it was a solid color) and though it wasn't my favorite sectional - it works just fine - blends in with the woodwork and colors.

HTH - I agree with Tom Infingers is awesome - along with the others, we just didn't want that must cost at this time - trying to get financially healthy at this time.

Also fyi - we had to return 2 chairs we ordered from JC Penney took them to the local store - the refunded not only the cost, but the shipping cost - so I was shocked, no questions asked. I was worried about ordering on-line - they were GREAT! Costco and Sam's also have on-line furniture, and we furnished our entire lake house in MI from those 3 stores, since it was in a small town and the closest large furniture chain was 100 miles away.

Old 07-22-2009, 08:35 AM

1,710 posts, read 5,681,701 times
I agree with OTC....We like Infinger. Just purchased a sofa, chair and ottoman from them. Finally got my Natuzzi!!!! Yay!! lol

Old 07-22-2009, 08:59 AM

Thanks everyone! We'll be arriving in Mt P in two weeks and I've learned so much through this forum that might have taken me months to learn on my own. Thanks for all the options, RJ17015.......we too are on a tight budget as we are still waiting for our home in New York state to sell. (could possibly take forever!) I too don't want to wait for furniture and have little ones as well as big ones so we want something that will hold up under the kids but not too expensive. Plus like you......we're still using the dinning room furniture that we bought when we were first married.....only because we bought high end! I tired of it long ago.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:02 AM

Luvsdabeach.....Natuzzi is what we're replacing after 15 years....it served us well! Did they have any sectionals? I'd love to stay with leather.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:05 AM

1,710 posts, read 5,681,701 times
Yes, they have many different designs. Most have to be ordered though. I just saw a commercial on tv for the "Going out of business" sale at Broyhill Furniture in Mt P. Might be something worth checking out.

Old 07-22-2009, 12:22 PM

I'll do that. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area