Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2009, 07:33 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,017,972 times

Advertisements

We've been thinking about moving to Cton for a few years now and are pretty convinced that we'll end up in Mt P. This past visit, we spent some time driving through developments off Rifle Range (already have visited Dunes West, Rivertowne, Long Pt.) I really like Seaside Farms and wife loved the new shopping center right outside the complex. Also went through Shell Pt. I love how close these are to IOP and Sully Is but wife is concerned about schools. We were quite impressed though by the brand new elementary and middle schools being built on RR Rd.
Can anyone give me input on these? Is this this area changing for the better? Any other neighborhoods in that area we should see?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 09:12 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,769,114 times
There are a ton of excellent communities in Mt. Pleasant besides the ones that you mentioned, all of which give one a different feel. You did not mention the price range and size of a home in which you might have an interest and these are important factors in narrowing down potential subdivision you might want to consider. As you did not mention Belle Hall, Hamlin Plantation, Park West, Molasses Creek and some other popular Mt. Pleasant communities, I suspect that you may have only seen a small percentage of potential communities that might appeal to you. I would strongly suggest that you develop a relationship with a Realtor who can meet up with you when you get back to the Charleston area so you and they can focus in on communities that meet your requirements in location, schools, amenities, price range and other important factors that should be considering when purchasing a home. If you provide a profile of your "perfect" subdivision, home and price range, I am sure that I and other forums members will be glad to suggest subdivisions which might work best for you that you may not have considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
We've been thinking about moving to Cton for a few years now and are pretty convinced that we'll end up in Mt P. This past visit, we spent some time driving through developments off Rifle Range (already have visited Dunes West, Rivertowne, Long Pt.) I really like Seaside Farms and wife loved the new shopping center right outside the complex. Also went through Shell Pt. I love how close these are to IOP and Sully Is but wife is concerned about schools. We were quite impressed though by the brand new elementary and middle schools being built on RR Rd.
Can anyone give me input on these? Is this this area changing for the better? Any other neighborhoods in that area we should see?

Old 07-27-2009, 09:59 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,416,825 times
Mount Pleasant is a great area with lots to offer. They are planning on building more new schools and we already have an excellent school system here.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:46 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,017,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCJoe View Post
There are a ton of excellent communities in Mt. Pleasant besides the ones that you mentioned, all of which give one a different feel. You did not mention the price range and size of a home in which you might have an interest and these are important factors in narrowing down potential subdivision you might want to consider. As you did not mention Belle Hall, Hamlin Plantation, Park West, Molasses Creek and some other popular Mt. Pleasant communities, I suspect that you may have only seen a small percentage of potential communities that might appeal to you. I would strongly suggest that you develop a relationship with a Realtor who can meet up with you when you get back to the Charleston area so you and they can focus in on communities that meet your requirements in location, schools, amenities, price range and other important factors that should be considering when purchasing a home. If you provide a profile of your "perfect" subdivision, home and price range, I am sure that I and other forums members will be glad to suggest subdivisions which might work best for you that you may not have considered.
we'd be looking at SFH in the 500K range +/-. Looking for areas with families, young kids, good schools, shopping close by, the closer to the beach, the better, lots that are .5 acre or more. I'd love a marshfront but might be tough to find at that price. Yard big enough to play ball.

Do most of the developments have requirements on how soon you have to build after purchasing a lot?

Old 07-27-2009, 01:32 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,286,496 times
Most of the developments do have a required build time...

Old 07-27-2009, 01:56 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,000,387 times
There are plenty of neighborhoods you might have missed. Hamlin Plantation, Hidden Lakes, Harbour Watch, Lakeshore, Oakhaven, etc. Finding homes on .5 acres or more is a bit tougher, but you can certainly get close in some of those neighborhoods. Nearly all of those would be under 10-15 minutes to IOP beach. You might even be able to snag something in Raven's Run, and most of those homes are on lots larger than an acre, 3 minutes from IOP.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:30 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,769,114 times
The 1/2+ acre requirement is certainly going to limit your options. At any given time you would have some homes on the market on 1/2+ acres in Brickyard Plantation and Snee Farm. It is going to be difficult finding something in descent condition in Ravens Run under $600,000, but not necessarily impossible. To my knowledge, most of the developments in Mt. Pleasant with available lots for sale do not have a specific build time. You would have some larger building lot options in Dunes West, Darrell Creek,Grassy Creek, Rivertowne CC and possibly Hamlin Plantation although these communities with the exception of Grassy Creek may be further out than you would prefer and the price of the lots might restrict the size of a home you would be able to build.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area