Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 02:50 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,981,367 times

Advertisements

If you can, grow your own. We did a 'trial' garden this year, very small. Did cherry tomatoes, big boys, green peppers and basil. Wanted to see if we had a green thumb. Results so far, awesome! Tomatoes are fantastic!! I eat those damn little cherry one's when i'm in the backyard and the wife's not looking ... Next year, will double or triple the size of it. Its been a learning experience, but a whole lot of fun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 08:37 AM

394 posts, read 1,044,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
Pines, where is that, is it near Dorchester Rd or Trolley Rd?

It's closer to Trolley Road, right past the Stallsville Loop that cuts over to Trolley from Bacons Bridge. It sits on a bare lot next to the strip mall with Little Caesars. I think it's open from 7-7? Good prices.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:01 AM

478 posts, read 1,648,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
If you can, grow your own. We did a 'trial' garden this year, very small. Did cherry tomatoes, big boys, green peppers and basil. Wanted to see if we had a green thumb. Results so far, awesome! Tomatoes are fantastic!! I eat those damn little cherry one's when i'm in the backyard and the wife's not looking ... Next year, will double or triple the size of it. Its been a learning experience, but a whole lot of fun
Odd that you mentioned this - when we were landscaping we planted: zucchini, green peppers, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. Never tried before - but since we can - we tried. We did grow zucchini, green peppers, tomatoes (but something is eating them), a few raspberries, but that's all so far. We went out of town, and they didn't get water so are looking pretty sad.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:02 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,268,576 times
Cool, I will have to check it out....

Old 07-30-2009, 10:03 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,268,576 times
Mostlikely squirrels or rabits....

Old 07-31-2009, 08:31 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,393,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
Growing your own is the only way to make sure what you are getting is not gentically engineered as long as you don't buy hybrid seeds. Too bad grocery stores don't label food especially produce that has been genetically engineered.

The Center for Food Safety - Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area