Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 01:33 PM

3 posts, read 14,179 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking to relocate to Charleston (summerville), SC. I am a contractor with Boeing Charleston. We would like to know which are the better areas of Summerville for upper-middle income families. Thanks for all your information, in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 01:39 PM

547 posts, read 1,191,949 times
what kind of price range? 300's, 400's?? the rumor is we may be seeing ALOT of people with Boeing heading this way pretty soon you'll love Charleston...its paradise here

Old 08-10-2009, 02:52 PM

2,527 posts, read 7,992,296 times
Trying to stay close to Boeing? I'd check into neighborhoods like Coosaw Creek Country Club, The Refuge at Whitehall, Ashborough, Pine Forest Country Club and further up into Legend Oaks. If you're actually looking for properties in the $500's+, you could get something in Summerville's historic district, or a custom home out on 5 acres of land. The options are there, and you'll find a number of great neighborhoods within a reasonable commute to Boeing.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:56 PM

295 posts, read 524,287 times
What exactly are you looking for? There are lots of variables.......More info please

Old 08-11-2009, 01:20 AM

3 posts, read 14,179 times
Maybe I should rephrase...We are not ready to move into one of the above neighborhoods as of yet. I am here alone until May (when kids get out of school). I want to rent an apartment until then and am looking for a decent neighborhood to rent in. I don't want to end up in a run down area. I just want to know which areas of Summerville, Goose Creek, etc. are the "better" areas to live in. I know I am new to the area, but so far, I keep running into areas where I would not want to keep my car outside at night (apartment life...). Also, where are the newer suburban areas? I enjoy the older homes in the area but surely there are new areas as well, right?

Old 08-11-2009, 07:02 AM

45,680 posts, read 23,815,156 times
My husband lived in the Summerville area for a year. He rented a small one bedroom apartment in Farmington Village Apartments - Apartments for rent in Summerville, SC - Farmington Village, managed by Mid-America Apartment Communities. It's not in a 'suburb' but it was clean, quiet and extremely convenient. He wasn't there most week ends but when he was he said it wasn't too bad.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:36 AM

324 posts, read 803,569 times
I live in The Martins creek apartments off Trolley Rd. The apartments are older but are refurbished. The rent is very affordable and the area is very safe and not run down. It is a very family oriented community. The immediate area is surrounded by upscale housing developments, Quail Arbor, Irongate, and Brandymill. All shopping is within a 5 minute drive and Historic downtown is a 5-10 minute drive. I moved here from Ft. Lauderdale 8 months ago and love the Trolley rd area. Glad to have a publix right down the road. Currently looking at houses in the Bridges which are newer.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:48 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,267,177 times
There are two appartment complexes by Target and Walmart, one behind each, they are both new appartments complexes....

Old 08-11-2009, 08:57 AM

324 posts, read 803,569 times
When I first moved here I had looked at both of those complexes. Vista Sands is the one behind Target. There are two new complexes behind Walmart off Marymeade drive. The Tradition at Summerville and Farmington Village. All Three were very nice and new and offer better amenities than my complex, but I chose Martins Creek. I wasn't crazy about the Traffic in that area and I wanted a more suburban feel. Having lived outside of Newark, NJ and Ft Lauderdale, FL I was also a little worried about living that close to I26 and the possible crime that can bring.

Old 08-11-2009, 11:24 AM

314 posts, read 2,534,320 times
I second the Trolley Road area. I rented a furnished house in Brandy Mill last year when I worked at GA for Boeing. It's very convienient and safe. We liked the area so much, that we came back this summer for a long vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area