Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 06:33 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,001,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post

He needs more time at the range because she is in stable condition....
Spoken like a hardliner. Knowing him, I'm sure he's glad he didn't end up taking a life today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 06:36 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,471,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJShymansky View Post
He hit her through the windshield of a moving vehicle that was trying to run him down, and in doing so ended the threat without hitting other cars/passersby. Sounds about as perfect as it's going to get to me.

He shot to stop the aggressive action. Just as they are trained to do.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:37 PM

2 posts, read 3,708 times
Default Shooting

Updates haven't been released yet. I was there today, all I know is an off duty officer reconized the woman and knew she was wanted so he followed her and called for on duty back-up. She asked the man (off duty cop) why he was following her and he said he was a cop and he believes she has warrents. She then tried to take off! She hit numerous cars trying to get away. I think there were about 10 shots fired or so which seems like a bit much, but ya know when your in trouble with the law and you try to run ... Expect the worse!!! Crimanls aren't very bright!!! Hopefully we will know more tomorrow...

Old 08-12-2009, 07:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoodflower View Post
curious where you found that info. cause there were obviously like 6 police cars tehre at first before the officer shot, they had clocked the road so the lanes could not advance.... jeesh. wonder what the warrant was for!
there wasn 't many cops there at all at first. we all thought it was a robbery at first, then more back-up came. the roads were actually open for a good 10-20 mins. after the shooting, then since back up was there they started re-routing people... there were about 10 shots id say. which does seem like alot BUT lets say she was wanted for an un-paid ticket, all she had to do was pay it! and if its something worse now she'll be locked up! you dont run from the cops and if you do expect to be shot at...

Old 08-12-2009, 08:50 PM

416 posts, read 1,629,067 times
just saw the updated version of the new 4 site. that was not up this afternoon when i got home.

but yeah..the roads didn't close straight away...cause i kept driving straight to get away from it on 61 north. when my original intentions was to turn onto 7 to go to barnes and nobles to wait for my son's music lesson to begin just off 7 on belgrade ave. away from my house, so i did have to turn around after i proccessed things a bit. but looped through the barnes and nobles parking lot to avoid the scene and went right instead to toward the citadel mall. it was just then more cop cars arrived to start blocking of the road...so maybe 15 minutes passed before they did so.

i guess i was mostly surpirsed by teh amount of shoots fired too. i mean the co pwas righ up at her window, only a few feet from her.... and at LEAST 6, probably more like 10 shots were fired into her car.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:53 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,979,362 times
Quote:
Wild, it is in the link above to news 4...

Sick, Tom.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:55 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,979,362 times
By the way:

In the dark ages (70's) the City PD did not have a uniform policy on when to use deadly force.

Does anyone know if that has changed (I would hope)?

Old 08-12-2009, 09:21 PM

35 posts, read 114,980 times
Quote:
Wild, it is in the link above to news 4...

HOW TRUE! Never fails.....bad guys lives....cop is treated like a criminal!

Old 08-13-2009, 08:24 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,287,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Sick, Tom.
More name calling....

Well lets see she attempted to murder a Cop in broad daylight in front of hundreds of witnesses, she deserved to be DRT.....

It takes a special kind of criminal to try to murder someone, and an even worse one to try to kill a Police Officer, someone who is in the process of upholding the very laws that our country is bassed on.....

Old 08-13-2009, 08:27 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,287,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaWocKeeZ View Post
there wasn 't many cops there at all at first. we all thought it was a robbery at first, then more back-up came. the roads were actually open for a good 10-20 mins. after the shooting, then since back up was there they started re-routing people... there were about 10 shots id say. which does seem like alot BUT lets say she was wanted for an un-paid ticket, all she had to do was pay it! and if its something worse now she'll be locked up! you dont run from the cops and if you do expect to be shot at...
She wasn't just running from the cops, she tried to run one over, which is attempted murder of a Police Officer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area