Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2009, 09:38 PM

696 posts, read 1,428,662 times

Advertisements

My parents live in West Ashley and they're having a health crisis that will keep them from being as mobile as usual for a while. Between being stuck at home and probably not feeling up to cooking/eating etc., I want to do what I can from 6 hours away in VA to keep them nourished.

I found Charleston Restaurant Runners but they don't appear to sell gift certificates and I'd like to make it as easy a transaction as possible for my mother. I wonder if anyone here has used that service, or if there are any other similar services that people have used.

I'd also love any other ideas as to what I can do from a distance to help them out. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 03:03 AM

17 posts, read 57,810 times
Please feel free to email me directly in regarding possible suggestions/solutions for your parents at this given time.

Helene@ComForcare.com

Old 08-21-2009, 06:17 AM

696 posts, read 1,428,662 times
Thanks Helene! They won't be needing home health care, I'm just looking for ways to keep them eating. My mother hates to cook on a good day (which is just as well since she's a terrible cook anyway LOL!) & really can't be bothered to eat when she's preoccupied by other things, but having their favorite seafood etc. delivered ready-to-eat seems like a good idea to me.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:11 PM

17 posts, read 57,810 times
Perhaps they have "Meals On Wheels" Program here in Charleston or something like it? Worth looking into

Old 08-21-2009, 01:58 PM

22 posts, read 57,153 times
Hi,

My suggestion would be Manny's Grille. My family and I have eaten there for years and they have a HUGE selection. All of their food is made to order and I don't think we've had one complaint since we started frequenting them. They do deliver all over the West Ashley area and are open for lunch and dinner. They have everything from appetizers, sandwiches, greek food (which is the specialty), steaks, burgers and the list goes on. Reasonable prices for good food.

They also have a current coupon to use. It is for $10 off a $25 order. When you click on the link, the coupon banner will be at the bottom of the page. Their menu and contact information is also on the website.

Manny's Neighborhood Grille-Charleston, SC::.. Authentic Greek Food like Gyro's, Greek Lamb Shank, Greek Chicken, Plus Pizza, Wings, and Lunch Specials With Your Own Private Television

West Ashley also has all the major pizza chains: Papa Johns, Dominos, Pizza Hut.

It's been a few years since I've lived in West Ashley. I'm now about 20 miles away, so delivery isn't something we frequent from there. (although we do make our share of drives over the bridge for Manny's, lol)

It is such a large area, I'm sure there have been new places opened up that will deliver. Perhaps some others will have different suggestions. Good luck with everything and Happy Health to your parents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area