Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 12:03 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,769,412 times

Advertisements

The Charleston area is known for it's many historic and non historic attractions, as well as the ability to enjoy these attractions year round. One of the many attractions in Mt. Pleasant is the Old Pitt Street Bridge in the Historic Old Village area. I have posted photos of the Pitt Street Bridge before, but was out yesterday taking high definition videos of some of the Mt. Pleasant attractions, to include the Old Pitt Street Bridge for my web site and would like to share one of them with forum members. With recent advances in technology, it is easy for Realtors to provide all types of informative media to those considering relocating to the Charleston area. If "pictures speak a thousand words" I believe videos speak thousands of words and will be the new media used by Realtors to assist the home buying public in making relocation and community option choices.

My video of the Old Pitt Street Bridge can be found through this utube link. It can be viewed in regular or high definition. However the high definition mode may slow down one's computer. If forum members find such videos of interest and/or help in getting a better feel for what the Charleston area has to offer I will be glad to post additional videos as they become available. I would love to see others, including Realtors post photos and videos of some of the attractions in their communities of which they are proud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 09:24 PM

269 posts, read 941,965 times
Here are a few for you...

I absolutely love Palmetto Island County Park particularly the walk out to Nature Island and the Observation Tower.

The various farmers markets - Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, etc.

Patriots Point

Old 08-28-2009, 04:22 PM

6 posts, read 34,524 times
Default I love Downtown Charleston and The Battery Park

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theonlinedesign/3822649034/ (broken link)There are SO many wonderful things to see and do in the Charleston area that it is difficult to narrow it down. When my two girls were young, we made regular trips to the Battery Park. There you can feed the seagulls that come in off the sea wall, the hundreds of pigeons, and even the squirrels (by hand).

My husband and I were just down there the other day and were surprised to see the gazebo in the middle of the park was sectioned off and undergoing a face lift. It looked as if they were restoring the gazebo and trying to save the roof.

That still did not stop one happy couple from getting married there, just on the other side of the park...horse drawn carriage and all. It was lovely.

Here are our most recent pictures from July 2009. We always take our camera with us when we explore downtown Charleston. There is significant beauty around every turn.

Charleston has a become a fusion of "the old" and "the new."

BATTERY PARK

CHARLESTON, WATERFRONT PARK

THE BATTERY

DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON - JULY 18th 2009

Here is our Charleston, SC Flickr Photosharing thread when we did a photo walk:
Scott Kelby World Photowalk Charleston SC 2009 - a set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/theonlinedesign/sets/72157622041903000/ - broken link)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theonlinedesign/3822649034/ (broken link)

Last edited by onlinedesign; 08-28-2009 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: The link did not show up as it did in preview...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
View detailed profiles of: