Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2009, 01:07 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,767,891 times

Advertisements

Here is a link to a high definition utube video I took on Sunday of some Old Village Streets in Mt. Pleasant, SC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 07:19 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,405,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCJoe View Post

Here is a link to a high definition utube video I took on Sunday of some Old Village Streets in Mt. Pleasant, SC.
For some reason this video kept bufferring after every few seconds. Didn't watch the whole thing since it was taking so long. The first one of RB's was much better. No buffering. Saw the whole thing all the way through.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:32 PM

If you let it run for about 30 seconds and start it back over towards the beginning that should help. Utube recently made hd available and I think need to work a few kinks out. You can always watch it in standard definition to resolve the buffering issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
For some reason this video kept bufferring after every few seconds. Didn't watch the whole thing since it was taking so long. The first one of RB's was much better. No buffering. Saw the whole thing all the way through.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:22 PM

87 posts, read 267,822 times
Great video. One of my favorite places in Charleston. You have some great photos of Charleston I've seen on your website, it would be a good addition to have video!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:40 PM

817 posts, read 1,997,421 times
Hi Joe,

Been awhile... how are you ?
How is business ?

Gee great idea to shoot video from your car as you drive around !

Gee Joe... did you possibly get the idea from me as you knew I shot hours of video with my camcorder secured on my cars dashboard as I drove all over Mt Pleasant as well as Downtown Charleston and Daniels Island when we met back when I visited in June

Great idea...

Michael
Another Yankee (Brooklyn, NY) moving South to Charleston, with some questions1

Old 08-26-2009, 11:06 PM

Doing well and finally getting back to my old self. Business has picked up in terms of real estate inquiries, but many potential buyers continue to be a little reluctant "to pull the trigger" which is understandable.

I shot video some time ago of the Isle of Palms Connector and the Isle of Palms Beach and used it on my web site, but was disappointed with the quality of the video. I recently found out that utube had come out with hd video capability and that flip video made a miniature hd camera. As you know, still photos can be a little misleading with regards to the attractiveness of an area dependent upon the ability of the photographer and the angle from which a photo is taken. A video provides a truer prospective and representation of an area, which is important to anyone considering relocating to an area. The more a Realtor can educate a client about an area prior to their visit, the more productive and efficient the visit should be. The availability and us of different types of technology is invaluable to any professional who takes their business seriously and wants to do as much as possible for their clients. This forum is a great place to learn about the Charleston area from residents from different areas and with different perspectives and priorities. I only wish that others who contribute to the forum would post photos and possibly videos of their communities to make this forum an even more informative source of information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNYC View Post
Hi Joe,

Been awhile... how are you ?
How is business ?

Gee great idea to shoot video from your car as you drive around !

Gee Joe... did you possibly get the idea from me as you knew I shot hours of video with my camcorder secured on my cars dashboard as I drove all over Mt Pleasant as well as Downtown Charleston and Daniels Island when we met back when I visited in June

Great idea...

Michael

Old 08-27-2009, 05:06 PM

817 posts, read 1,997,421 times
Hi again Joe,

I know you took video before I did,when I was in MP back in June...
I was just funnin' and really just wanted to say Hi !

Really enjoyed corresponding with you before I got there and it was an extreme pleasure and a great deal of information meeting you !!!

Taking video while I drove all over was great for my wife to see MP, as well as Downtown Chas and DI.

I did not take 1 single still photo while there.. which really surprised me !

All was captured via video.
Which gave my wife an excellent feel, taste of all I saw.

A few hours of video is all you need... and voila it is almost the same as being there.

I shot many neighborhoods, developments, Town Center, Palmetto State Park and up and down 17 in Mt Pleasant as well as Downtown Chas. The Battery and parts of Daniels Island.

Many have asked me to post them on YouTube with links for all to view.... but time restraints right now cause the delay. Sooooo busy here trying to get out butts out of Brooklyn and move to MP. One say sure I will upload the videos for all to see for themselves. Video is a great education for would be movers to Mt Pleasant.

Great doing on your own Joe.

Hope to see you soon Joe, let's have lunch together again !

Michael

Old 08-27-2009, 08:11 PM

I was about 95% sure that you were just kidding. Glad that you confirmed my belief. You are correct that video really can give one a good feel for an area, which is difficult if not impossible with still photos. I plan on continuing to take hd videos, time permitting, and will be glad to post them to the forum if forum members find them of interest and informative. Feel free to look me up when you get back down to the Charleston area and I will be pleased to take you and the wife out for lunch if you have the time. It certainly would be useful if some Summerville members could shot some utube videos of the interesting Summerville attractions that they feel could be enjoyed by Charleston area visitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNYC View Post
Hi again Joe,

I know you took video before I did,when I was in MP back in June...
I was just funnin' and really just wanted to say Hi !

Really enjoyed corresponding with you before I got there and it was an extreme pleasure and a great deal of information meeting you !!!

Taking video while I drove all over was great for my wife to see MP, as well as Downtown Chas and DI.

I did not take 1 single still photo while there.. which really surprised me !

All was captured via video.
Which gave my wife an excellent feel, taste of all I saw.

A few hours of video is all you need... and voila it is almost the same as being there.

I shot many neighborhoods, developments, Town Center, Palmetto State Park and up and down 17 in Mt Pleasant as well as Downtown Chas. The Battery and parts of Daniels Island.

Many have asked me to post them on YouTube with links for all to view.... but time restraints right now cause the delay. Sooooo busy here trying to get out butts out of Brooklyn and move to MP. One say sure I will upload the videos for all to see for themselves. Video is a great education for would be movers to Mt Pleasant.

Great doing on your own Joe.

Hope to see you soon Joe, let's have lunch together again !

Michael
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area