U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-02-2007, 07:47 PM

343 posts, read 583,016 times
Default Warning..A LOT of Pictures Of Summerville

Hi yall...lol. I just got back from 5 days in Summerville. Actually we stayed in Mount Pleasant but we drove to Summerville every day to check out the area. I took a lot of pictures so I thought I would share them with everyone looking into the area.

Here are my thoughts, coming from a South Florida suburb minutes away from Miami and ft Lauderdale. The place is really different then what I am used to. The streets are smaller and there are a few shopping centers. Most of the stores are close to the street. There are big name grocery stores all over, and a target. I saw some signs that said they were zoned for commercial, so that is a good sign. I also hear that most stores are in North Charleston so it is not a far far drive, but not like 2-5 minutes like here. There are a lot of fast food restaurants but not restaurants like here. Here we have every chain restaurant plus a million family owned restaurants. Most of the stores along the way are small and old. The gas stations are small too. there are trees Everywhere, something that I am not used to at all. there were not a lot of big names stores, so I guess most things are a little drive. (please correct me if I am wrong)

There is an area that I guess is called historic Summerville and there are big homes in there and small homes. All covered with beautiful trees arching over the street! I would live there if I could afford it. 400+ for a nice one. There are new communities going up all over the place.

I saw kids outside playing with their parents, riding bikes, playing sports.. which is why I want to move there.

We also visited the beach, Isle Of Palm. It had a great little place with stores and the beach was really big (lots of sand) it was hard so you can ride a bike on it. there was also a dock for fishing.

Historic area is beautiful, a lot of the area is not visually appealing while some is...but the feel there is really great and we met some great people and had a really nice time. We are looking forward to moving there.

Ok here is when you first get there. It was noon so there was a lot of traffic

Downtown shops, not really much shopping but it is cute

quiet intersection

church

georgous trees everywhere

these are the little stores that I am talking about. they are all over.

nice homes on the way to knightsville

farm, i think there are horses in the pic

big lots, 1/2 of that is my lot

isle of palm

wild life

oh here is the publix so you see it is not all trees
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 08:39 PM
BNA

21 posts, read 92,174 times
THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THESE PICTURES, THERE ARE VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-02-2007, 09:00 PM

15 posts, read 46,366 times
Smile Thank You for the pics !!

You read my mind , Those pics were exactly what I was looking for. We are also moving to Summerville in September .From Albany N.Y . I have been through SC several times and in Summerville once .Of course I don't remember much so , I was glad to see the pics you took .It gives me a better idea of what to expect . Thanks again .

Old 05-05-2007, 03:55 PM

343 posts, read 583,016 times
Just bumping. If anyone has more pictures of the area feel free to post

Old 05-05-2007, 04:46 PM

6 posts, read 24,049 times
thanx for the pics, we are looking to relocate and these help alot!

Old 05-25-2007, 01:54 PM

475 posts, read 1,393,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA View Post
THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THESE PICTURES, THERE ARE VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!
nice pictures. thanks.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 9,164 times
Talking Best city ever

Summerville is the best city to live in ... i am 16 now but i lived there from birth until i was 13 and i absolutely loved it there..... it has many historic places..... i just wanted to say that i love Summeville! And i hope to be moving there in 2 years when i graduate.I also love Charleston and North Charleston!

Old 05-08-2008, 02:06 PM

183 posts, read 511,241 times
i like the picture of the beach

Old 05-08-2008, 05:27 PM

135 posts, read 317,615 times
Though I love living in DC, those pictures made me homesick! Especially those IOP pics, driving over the "Connector" on a clear day cannot be beat..

Old 01-06-2009, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 8,491 times
Hey, Love the pics. I am aa 3rd generation Charlestonian "Geechee". I am a Realtor in Summerville & was searching the web for some local pictures to use in marketing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area