U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-28-2009, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 620 times
Default Mt Pleasant & Charleston Co moving voilations

A friend of mine just got a $120 ticket in Mt Pleasant, SC for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign on a side street. this seems outrageously high to me. Are the ticket prices posted somewhere like they are in NY, NJ & PA?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 12:12 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,072,520 times
Everything's more expensive in Mt Pleasant

Old 09-28-2009, 01:13 PM

7,404 posts, read 6,439,804 times
Had your friend stopped it wouldn't have cost anything. On the other hand, had an accident happened it would have cost A WHOLE LOT MORE. He/She didn't get anywhere any quicker.....

Old 09-28-2009, 01:23 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,917,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmok10 View Post
A friend of mine just got a $120 ticket in Mt Pleasant, SC for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign on a side street. this seems outrageously high to me. Are the ticket prices posted somewhere like they are in NY, NJ & PA?
Posted? You mean like the "Stop" sign was posted? Sorry, had to take that shot. I don't know if the ticket prices are available like they are up north. I'll have to check around, if anyone has them it would be municode.com, but I doubt it.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:37 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,072,520 times
I doubt they are posted, its gonna all depend upon what Bubba Redneck pulls ya and what he feels like charging. Jay Walking will run you 100's.....

Old 10-02-2009, 09:49 PM

48 posts, read 63,451 times
Tickets should be given for people who are being unsafe on the road. In most cases, rolling slowly through a stop sign is probably not a safety hazard. These kind of tickets are handed out mostly for revenue. It's a form of legalized stealing, IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area