Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 11:28 PM

31 posts, read 71,252 times

Advertisements

exactly--thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 06:14 PM

817 posts, read 2,003,389 times
Default had to comment

I was in Charleston for 4 full days back in June, scouting out the entire area and spent most of my time, well almost all of my time driving around... mainly in MP.

I can say, everyone was very courteous while driving.

No one cutting you off...
No one inching up to block you from entering the lane...
No one honking their car horn when the traffic light turns geen for a split second and you did not accelerate...
People slow down to let you enter their traffic lane...

And I am saying this from being a lifelong driver in NYC, Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx.
And not exactly a meek driver myself.. that gets scared when someone honks me from behind or hits me with their brights to move out of the way... I am well aware of what is going on

When you mention bad drivers in Charleston..
I experience here in NYC........
More road rage then you can believe.
More horn honking for the sake of honking their horn.
More trying to pass you on a one way street that is only one lane... in other words trying to pass between parked cars etc.
More cars.. specifically tow trucks jumping curbs to make right turns when the traffic light turns red... they have such a horrible record of jumping curbs.. when they hit someone and I know 2 people that were hit, goes to court.. the tow truck company immediately settle out of court.

Driving all over MP was such a pleasure... was very refreshing.

OK.. albeit a 4 days visit... but why would those 4 days be different from any other days... perhaps something was in the drinking water those days

Had to comment... and quite possibly since I am comparing driving here in NYC... Charleston drivers are polite and courteous.

Cannot wait to move down... was trying to get the family there before jan 2010.. but looks like were will have to spend another winter here and come down March.

Just my 2 cents people

Another Yankee (Brooklyn, NY) moving South to Charleston with some questions

Old 11-01-2009, 08:53 PM

416 posts, read 1,632,793 times
compared to many other metro areas... honestly not so bad. execpt for some areas of north charleston, mt p on johnny dodds in rush hour, and some residential areas around school pick up drop off....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area