U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 12:19 AM

2 posts, read 7,404 times

Advertisements

We're considering an area near Ashley Phosphate (border of Summerville/North Charleston). Is this a good area for a family with young children? Also, does anyone know about veterinarians in the area, any recommendations? Any information on schools (elementary) and communities would be helpful, too. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 10:26 AM

890 posts, read 3,967,217 times
Well there are a lot of neighborhoods over that way with families, some new and some not. Coming from Summerville I would not go any further than Ashley Phosphate and I would not live off of Ashley Phosphate. Up to Ashley Phosphate is good.

I take my Lab to College Park Road Veterinarian Clinic in Ladson. They have boarding right next door, so if she needs anything (shots etc.) while she is being boarded they just take her over for me.

Last edited by scjj; 05-07-2007 at 10:35 AM..

Old 05-07-2007, 01:46 PM

86 posts, read 567,255 times
Ther are a few good neighborhoods in that area. Just make sure you stay in Dorchestor County Schools. The home may have a N. Charleston address but make sure it's Dorchestor schools.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:01 PM

32 posts, read 104,524 times
We use Oakbrook Vet Clinic on Trolley Road.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:18 PM

13 posts, read 99,279 times
Thumbs up Insiders look at Oakbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastusa View Post
We use Oakbrook Vet Clinic on Trolley Road.

I work at Oakbrook, so I am a litlle biased. But our doctors do strive to help out our clients when it comes to treatment, meds, and costs. I can't count the times that one of our vets has given out free samples of stuff and they seem to know every client and pet that comes to the clinic. I was a client before I started working there. The way they treated me, led me to want a job there. I put myself throught Vet tech school , and they have supported me the whole way through. They care about their workers, clients , and most of all their patients. That is, however, not to discredit any other vet clinics in the area. We have quite a few good ones.

Last edited by Sweetardnas1885; 05-07-2007 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: Forgot the title...

Old 05-07-2007, 07:22 PM

Oh, and personally I prefer the Oakbrook area of Summerville to the Ashley "Frustrate" area. The traffic in the AM is very bad. Not so much in the S'ville area, but it can still get a bit congested. But there a great parts of A.P and not so great parts. Just make sure you don't get into one of the bad areas.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:48 PM

10 posts, read 53,650 times
Default Charlotte to Charleston

My family is looking to relocate from Charlotte NC to Charlseton SC. We have a junior in High school that plays high school baseball. We also have a son that is starting Middle school in the fall. We are looking at Wando or West Ashlley HS, any recomendations/ Travel baseball in the area>?/We miss the Southern hospitality.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:44 PM

86 posts, read 567,255 times
WANDO HS 100% over West Trashley. Sorry..But there is no comparison.

I have a daughter in the 9th grade now at Wando. I can send you the link to their web site for athletics if you would like.

Last edited by Darcysells4u; 05-08-2007 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-09-2007, 12:34 PM

10 posts, read 53,650 times
Default Vacation accomodations

Our family is planning to come for a visit/ look around for a long weekend and would like to stay ocean front to make it a relaxing mini vacation. I know wild dones has nice ocean front condos, any other resorts, nice/ hotels in the Mount Pleasant/ Charleston area that anyone could recommend?

Old 05-22-2007, 04:47 AM

Smile another school option...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskey03 View Post
My family is looking to relocate from Charlotte NC to Charlseton SC. We have a junior in High school that plays high school baseball. We also have a son that is starting Middle school in the fall. We are looking at Wando or West Ashlley HS, any recomendations/ Travel baseball in the area>?/We miss the Southern hospitality.
I know it isn't the area you are looking in, but you might try Summerville High and the related middle schools. Summerville is said to have the best schools in the low country; and, Summerville High is great. SHS has great sports programs (although I'm not sure about baseball). Summerville also boasts an arts school if you other son is into that sort of thing: Rollings Middle School of the Arts. I went there personally and loved it. The Summerville/Oakbrook area also seems more family-friendly in my opinion. Just a thought, hope it helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or