U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:23 PM

4,239 posts, read 3,811,275 times

Advertisements

What you never went to family parties...they are the best. Parents have a great time and kids do too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 11:20 PM

29 posts, read 61,687 times
Hi dspguy! I ran out of candy & had to turn out my lights earlier than expected. I had been buying different kinds of candy bars over a 2 week period before Halloween every time I went into WalMart or Walgreens. I met the kids up the "heck of a hill" driveway I have so the little ones wouldn't get pushed by the older ones. I had some taller than I am & looked older than 16...I guess they like candy also, but they were NOT dressed at all!! I asked them who were they dressed up to be (sarcastically speaking!) & they replied, ME! Originality, huh? I don't think anyone else had their "costume!"

Old 11-05-2009, 12:56 AM

5,011 posts, read 8,555,772 times
It varies a lot from neighborhood to neighborhood in South Carolina. I was out of town on Hallowe'en this year, but I had over 50 kids (and a couple of adults, lol) in my neighborhood in Columbia last year. A friend of mine had over 200 kids stop by this year. It all depends on the locale.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:35 AM

24 posts, read 39,623 times
That sounds great, thanks .

Old 11-05-2009, 07:37 AM

24 posts, read 39,623 times
Sorry, didn't understand about the house party, thats great. Yes, I know they do house parties. Thanks

Old 11-07-2009, 09:08 PM

182 posts, read 271,040 times
We were on a house hunting trip in Summerville during Halloween, and we went back to one of the neighborhoods where we were considering buying (Legend Oaks). We went to one street in particular (Carriage Ride Lane) and the people were VERY friendly, houses were decorated, and most people were sitting outside on their porches or in the driveways waiting for the kids. It looked like most people knew each other, without a lot of "drop off" kids from outside the neighborhood. My almost 3 year old got enough candy that she had to hand her bag over to me to carry for her! (Yum! More for me and her dad!)

Old 11-08-2009, 07:15 AM

26 posts, read 58,862 times
Default Summerville Halloween

I live in Myers Mill. This year we had a hay ride to take our cul-de-sac kids around the neighborhood, and finished up with a backyard fire at the neighbors. People were everywhere during trick-or-treat time! It was the best Halloween I can remember. It was our first Halloween here, and it was everything you would look for: family, friends, costumes, decorations, and a couple of kids with tummy aches...

Old 11-13-2009, 11:49 AM

26 posts, read 41,948 times
A few of my neighbors told me they were going dark because that's the new thing at their church(all different ones) to avoid Halloween. They had a bonfire/pot luck at their church instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area