Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2009, 03:37 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,775,979 times

Advertisements

Charleston County has a number of relatively old public schools/buildings, but have been replacing many of them the past few years. Three of the newer schools in Mt. Pleasant are Pinckney Elementary (http://www.ed.sc.gov/topics/researchandstats/schoolreportcard/2008/Elementary/comprehensive/E1001102.pdf - broken link), Cairo Middle (http://www.ed.sc.gov/topics/researchandstats/schoolreportcard/2008/Middle/comprehensive/M1001103.pdf - broken link) and Laurel Hill Primary schools located in the Park West community. The new Mount Pleasant Academy (http://www.ed.sc.gov/topics/researchandstats/schoolreportcard/2008/Elementary/comprehensive/E1001063.pdf - broken link) and Moultrie Middle (http://www.ed.sc.gov/topics/researchandstats/schoolreportcard/2008/Middle/comprehensive/M1001065.pdf - broken link) schools opened this year.

YouTube - Pinckney Elem Cairo Middle Laurel Hill Primary Schools

High Definition video of Pinckney Elem., Cairo Middle and Laurel Hill Primary School in Mt. Pleasant, SC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 07:25 AM

817 posts, read 2,003,086 times
Thanks again Joe for another very good video.

Truly gives someone, all the out of towners, all those who visit this forum with an interest to move to Charleston a feel for the various areas of Mt Pleasant you have complied.

A great resource you always offer Joe.

Hope to see you soon again down there... our plans to move got delayed a few months

Old 11-22-2009, 09:13 AM

As before, I appreciate the words of encouragement and to see that you and hopefully others find the videos of interest and use. I do use branded videos in my business to help my real estate clients and hopefully to encourage out of state residents to consider the Charleston area as a potential relocation choice. This should help not only me but other Realtors and business owners in the Charleston area. The videos that I post on City-Data are unbranded and need to be a little different from the ones I use for business due to upload restrictions. It takes additional time to create videos for City-Data and thus I have fewer of them to post, but I will continue my effort to do so as long as I get encouragement by those like you who find them useful and not boring or viewed primarily as "self serving" as some members have commented. The Charleston Historic District is familiar to many out of state residents, but Mt. Pleasant and other desirable tri-county areas and communities are not. I think my videos "get the word out" of how nice the tri-county area is and all it has to offer Charleston is not just a tourist destination. I know that there are some who prefer that Charleston not grow and remain the same, but if an area has good schools, medical facilities, weather, shopping and all the modern conveniences most of us have come to enjoy, the Charleston area will continue to attract out of town buyers with the accompanying population growth. The town of Mt. Pleasant has attempted to address this growth through such actions as it's building permit allocation program to slow growth during the "building boom" a few years ago and road construction projects completed or planned for the near future. Some of the other jurisdictions where growth has been rapid, in my opinion have been a little slow to address the growth problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNYC View Post
Thanks again Joe for another very good video.

Truly gives someone, all the out of towners, all those who visit this forum with an interest to move to Charleston a feel for the various areas of Mt Pleasant you have complied.

A great resource you always offer Joe.

Hope to see you soon again down there... our plans to move got delayed a few months

Old 11-25-2009, 01:20 PM

26 posts, read 36,359 times
USCJoe: Thanks for taking the time to record and upload your many videos. They're very valuable for those of us trying to get a feel for Charleston from hundreds of miles away.
However, there is one serious problem - you never seem to break-up your written posts into bite-size paragraphs! What, are you trying to save space?!

Old 11-25-2009, 03:28 PM

It is probably a little bit of laziness on my part as I try to fit some postings in between real estate work at the office, thus often trying to do two things at once. I know this is a weak excuse and I will try to separate my different thoughts and subject matter into paragraphs in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peihong33 View Post
USCJoe: Thanks for taking the time to record and upload your many videos. They're very valuable for those of us trying to get a feel for Charleston from hundreds of miles away.
However, there is one serious problem - you never seem to break-up your written posts into bite-size paragraphs! What, are you trying to save space?!

Old 12-21-2009, 03:26 PM

817 posts, read 2,003,086 times
Hi Joe,

Been awhile since I wrote you..... and saw you as well !
Been busy busy busy.,,,,,,,
Thought we would be in MP by New Years 2010.. but alas there goes reality and it will take till after the winter up here.

Question Joe and I thought not to PM you but post it here as others might like this..

You directed me to an interactive map of MP displaying all the developements in MP.. I cannot seem to find it in my Favorites....... can you link it again please.

My wife will be coming down end of Jan or beginning of Feb for a look see as I did in June when we met. I will stay up here with the baby (now 14 months old, time flies).

She wants to get more familiar with MP and possible areas to look for homes. Though as we agree we will rent initially for at least 3 months to look around the MP areas we are interested in. That map would help her as well as many other of the followers of your posts

Besides looking at various neighborhoods/developments while there as I did.. she will be looking at potential rental apartments.

I remember the various developments are listed alphabetically in the left column and you highlight them and the development (i.e. Park West) pops up on the map.

One more thing Joe..
Want to wish you and yours (Wife and Daughters) a Very Happy Holiday and Great New Year....... lets see what 2010 has in store for all of us

Michael

Old 12-21-2009, 06:19 PM

MichaelNYC,
I just sent you an e-mail with the link to the map to which I think you are referring. As I mentioned in my e-mail, I am reluctant to post the map link as the map is real estate branded and I have tried to conform with forum rules. Certainly, I will be glad to forward the link to anyone who might think it would be useful if they just pm me.

I appreciate the good wishes and hope you and your family enjoy the holidays and have a happy and safe New Year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNYC View Post
Hi Joe,

Been awhile since I wrote you..... and saw you as well !
Been busy busy busy.,,,,,,,
Thought we would be in MP by New Years 2010.. but alas there goes reality and it will take till after the winter up here.

Question Joe and I thought not to PM you but post it here as others might like this..

You directed me to an interactive map of MP displaying all the developements in MP.. I cannot seem to find it in my Favorites....... can you link it again please.

My wife will be coming down end of Jan or beginning of Feb for a look see as I did in June when we met. I will stay up here with the baby (now 14 months old, time flies).

She wants to get more familiar with MP and possible areas to look for homes. Though as we agree we will rent initially for at least 3 months to look around the MP areas we are interested in. That map would help her as well as many other of the followers of your posts

Besides looking at various neighborhoods/developments while there as I did.. she will be looking at potential rental apartments.

I remember the various developments are listed alphabetically in the left column and you highlight them and the development (i.e. Park West) pops up on the map.

One more thing Joe..
Want to wish you and yours (Wife and Daughters) a Very Happy Holiday and Great New Year....... lets see what 2010 has in store for all of us

Michael
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area