Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2010, 08:28 PM

5 posts, read 21,543 times

Advertisements

Hi all. Love this site. We are super excited to be moving down to Charleston from NYC, but we are definitely going to miss our Equinox gym membership here. We were wondering if there are any really nice gyms/fitness centers in the downtown Charleston or Mt. Pleasant areas that you would recommend (weights, treadmills, great fitness classes, etc). My wife is a fitness instructor and loves really good fitness and yoga classes. Would love your thoughts.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 06:08 AM

40 posts, read 106,798 times
I am a member of East Shore Athletic Club and really enjoy it. They have multiple facilities and enough variety for the whole family to enjoy. Indoor swimming pool, indoor track, racketball courts, spin rooms, aerobics rooms, etc. What my older kids really enjoy are the 24 hour facilities! You can check them out on the web at East Shore Athletic Club - Exceeding Expectations .

Old 01-22-2010, 08:04 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,430,197 times
ESAC as mentioned above is one of the largest in the area. However if you are looking for downtown and Mount Pleasant check out ECCO. I am joining ESAC because it's in my neighborhood so I have no excuses, but ECCO would be my second choice.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:47 PM

5 posts, read 21,543 times
Thanks so much for the feedback. The Ecco gym looks super nice.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:33 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,121 times
Pivitol is also a nice facility.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:02 AM

3 posts, read 9,709 times
Are there any gyms in Mt. P or near Mt. P or in Charleston with good parking that have weights that are over 100lbs?

Old 06-29-2011, 09:38 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,776,702 times
Here are three photos of the East Shore Athletic Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by headed2charleston View Post
Hi all. Love this site. We are super excited to be moving down to Charleston from NYC, but we are definitely going to miss our Equinox gym membership here. We were wondering if there are any really nice gyms/fitness centers in the downtown Charleston or Mt. Pleasant areas that you would recommend (weights, treadmills, great fitness classes, etc). My wife is a fitness instructor and loves really good fitness and yoga classes. Would love your thoughts.

Thanks!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:32 AM

817 posts, read 2,003,632 times
Welcome for your moving to Mt Pleasant.. we just did from NYC (Brooklyn). Enough people are giving you feedback to fitness centers. So far we simply use the Park West Recreation Center.. for running, basketball etc. but no machines, weights. Just thought to write when I saw your NYC and wanted to pop over my post that 'might' help you with some questions on Charleston and Mt Pleasant. Any questions, just ask.

Michael
http://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...ing-south.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by headed2charleston View Post

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area