Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2007, 06:58 PM

4 posts, read 204,918 times

Advertisements

I have been reading a lot about avoiding bad areas in the Charleston area (North Charleston) etc... but no one has been specific enough, so where are they?, can someone tell me streets, neighborhoods, and subdivisions? from Summerville to Goose Creek, Ladson, College Park, to Charleston.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:25 PM

86 posts, read 611,114 times
I do not suggest any North Charleston neighborhoods. There are few that are semi okay... Whitehall, Cedar Grove, Coosaw Creek (gated community)

Summerville I suggest Wescott Plantation, White Gables,Legend Oaks, Irongate,Brandywine,Ashborough, Reminise, There are many more that are good. I can't think of them all right now. But if you have a specific neighborhood in mind I can help you. Just pm me.

Ladson stay away from sangaree.. lots of gangs and crime in what looks like a okay neighborhood until you really look.

Goose Creek- stay away from Bevery Hills

Old 05-29-2007, 05:00 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,557,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcysells4u View Post
I do not suggest any North Charleston neighborhoods. There are few that are semi okay... Whitehall, Cedar Grove, Coosaw Creek (gated community)

Summerville I suggest Wescott Plantation, White Gables,Legend Oaks, Irongate,Brandywine,Ashborough, Reminise, There are many more that are good. I can't think of them all right now. But if you have a specific neighborhood in mind I can help you. Just pm me.

Ladson stay away from sangaree.. lots of gangs and crime in what looks like a okay neighborhood until you really look.

Darcy, if you are a realtor, I certainly hope you don't steer your clients in this manner.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcysells4u View Post

I know the Summerville area farely well and have been renting in White Gabels for six months now but I want to be closer to my work at Naval Weapons Station.

I want to cut down my (50 min.) drive time to no more than aprox 30 min. from NWS. My lease will be up in november and I may be ready to purchase at that time. White Gabels is great and my wife and two daughters (12 and 17) feel safe here , so we are looking for that same feeling closer to work.

PS: Do you know anything about the construction on Myers rd looks like another sub going up there?

Old 05-29-2007, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
Darcy, if you are a realtor, I certainly hope you don't steer your clients in this manner.
waccamatt,

You would knowingly show families dangerous neighborhoods without telling them?

Old 05-29-2007, 06:31 PM

I am A Realtor, a Mom of three and a human being who cares..but in this forum I am giving my opinion. Since I am not allowed to "market here".

Old 05-29-2007, 06:33 PM

Thanks for asking though, I love getting my occupation recognized!

Old 05-29-2007, 08:14 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,557,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmart View Post
waccamatt,

You would knowingly show families dangerous neighborhoods without telling them?
Rmart, Realtors are not allowed to "steer" clients to or away from particular neighborhoods, only to find out what they are looking for in a home. "Safe" is a relative term and steering and is governed by fair housing laws. It is one thing to state ones opinion on here; I simply stated that I hoped she didn't steer her clients in this manner.

Old 05-29-2007, 08:39 PM

I know the Summerville area fairly well and have been renting in White Gables for six months now but I want to be closer to my work at Naval Weapons Station.

I want to cut down my (50 min.) drive time to no more than aprox 30 min. from NWS. My lease will be up in November and I may be ready to purchase at that time. White Gables is great and my wife and two daughters (12 and 17) feel safe here , so we are looking for that same feeling closer to work.

PS: Do you know anything about the construction on Myers rd looks like another sub going up there?

Old 05-29-2007, 09:18 PM

327 posts, read 1,118,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
Rmart, Realtors are not allowed to "steer" clients to or away from particular neighborhoods, only to find out what they are looking for in a home. "Safe" is a relative term and steering and is governed by fair housing laws. It is one thing to state ones opinion on here; I simply stated that I hoped she didn't steer her clients in this manner.
Well I would like to get info from realtors on safety issues. Yes its realitive and I could just research crime stats. But if I buy in a neighborhood that is unsafe and my realitor couldn't tell me either way because of some BS privacy law or something I would not be too happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area