Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 06:57 AM

134 posts, read 284,959 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of planning a Girls' Weekend to Charleston for the 2nd weekend in May 7-9. I've never been to Charleston, so I need some help! I would love any info you have on nightlife, restaurants, tours, etc. I am interested in doing and seeing the things that makes Charleston unique.
Friends of mine have stayed in N.Charleston before, and prefer to stay in the downtown? area this time.
Can anyone recommend some reasonably priced places to stay in the Uptown area? I've started doing a little research and the cheapset hotels seem to be the Best Western, Sleep Inn type places.
If it helps we are all young, professional, 20-Somethings. Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 07:04 AM

2,527 posts, read 7,990,492 times
Try the Best Western downtown, Downtown Charleston Best Western Hotel - The King Charles Inn in Historic Charleston. That puts you right in the night life part of Charleston.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:36 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,730,642 times
Once you start walking down Market Street at night, you'll hear all the music coming from the clubs. I haven't been into the club scene in 20 years, so I'll let the younger ones give you advice about the most fun places to go now. I guarantee you'll have fun and it will be so much better if you can walk from your hotel to Market Street, which is the heart of it all. I LOVE Tommy Condons (Church Street off of Market) on Saturday nights, with the live Irish Music (everyone sings along)....I would suggest that you stop in there for at least a few minutes.

You want to really have fun....stay downtown one night - tour, eat, and party there, then get a room at the Holiday Inn on Folly Beach one night and party down there - lots of clubs, bars, and restaurants there too and everything is walking distance to the hotel. Plus you could walk on the beach, out on the pier, then see Morris Island Lighthouse too.
Have fun!!!

Old 02-24-2010, 07:23 PM

672 posts, read 2,105,107 times
I didn't look to far into this website but it may help you
Girlfriend Getaways: South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism

Old 02-25-2010, 02:14 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,261,411 times
Look at the Charleston City Paper for a listing of things going on...

Charleston City Paper - Restaurants | Music | Events | Arts | News

Old 03-09-2010, 10:43 PM

Thanks everyone!

Old 03-09-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJShymansky View Post
Try the Best Western downtown, Downtown Charleston Best Western Hotel - The King Charles Inn in Historic Charleston. That puts you right in the night life part of Charleston.
Checked into this one and it's already booked up!

Old 03-10-2010, 03:25 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,622,458 times
This one is about 10 miles south of Market street. They have a lounge and a VERY good resturant!
I eat there all the time. Great place!
The Town & Country Inn & Conference Center Charleston, SC 800-334-6660

Old 03-10-2010, 07:14 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,385,883 times
There are a couple or at least one youth hostel type of place that has been mentioned in this forum you might want to check out. Just search this forum using advanced search and keywords "bed and breakfast" "Youth hostel" "affordable motels downtown" etc etc. You get the idea.

I would also call the Charleston Visitors center and ask them. They are paid to help people plan their visits and find what they are looking for downtown. Their website is www.charlestoncvb.com

Old 03-10-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
There are a couple or at least one youth hostel type of place that has been mentioned in this forum you might want to check out. Just search this forum using advanced search and keywords "bed and breakfast" "Youth hostel" "affordable motels downtown" etc etc. You get the idea.

I would also call the Charleston Visitors center and ask them. They are paid to help people plan their visits and find what they are looking for downtown. Their website is www.charlestoncvb.com
Thanks for the hostel idea. I just looked it up. Has anyone actually stayed in this hostel before? If so can you tell me how clean, neat and safe it is? Is it in the heart of downtown? Thanks a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area