U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 03:14 PM

272 posts, read 796,187 times

Advertisements

I'm so aggravated. Yesterday I received mail for someone who lives on another street. I put it back in my postal box with the flag up. Today the carrier came and she wrote on the envelope "RESIDENT IS YOU!". Hello, no it isn't, this resident lives on another street. You can bet I will be at the post office filing a complaint tomorrow. Evidently my carrier can't read, this has been an ongoing problem for 3 1/2 years. This was the 2010 census improperly delivered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 03:29 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,964,936 times
Is your name and number on your box?

Old 03-09-2010, 03:43 PM

What difference does that make? It's a completely different street. Only the number is on the box.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:58 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,323,566 times
Its a requirement for the mailman to be able to read??

My box is always stuffed with random sh*t that don't belong to us

Old 03-09-2010, 04:37 PM

35 posts, read 98,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
Its a requirement for the mailman to be able to read??

My box is always stuffed with random sh*t that don't belong to us
They just don't CARE!!! Wait until they don't get overtime...

Old 03-09-2010, 07:09 PM

2,223 posts, read 4,323,566 times
On a good note, my mailbox was EMPTY today.... Which means someone else got my bills

Old 03-10-2010, 07:37 AM

9,038 posts, read 13,915,868 times
Since you started this thread, I would also caution everyone sending any packages to carefully watch the post office employees to make sure they put the right labels on the right box if you are sending packages. I sent a package to a friend which never arrived. Then I shipped two others and while chatting with the man behind the counter, I watched him put the wrong address labels on the two boxes. I of course pointed out what he had done and he switched them back. I will say that more people down here do seem to be more casual when it comes to paying attention to detail in their work -- and not just at the post office.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Since you started this thread, I would also caution everyone sending any packages to carefully watch the post office employees to make sure they put the right labels on the right box if you are sending packages. I sent a package to a friend which never arrived. Then I shipped two others and while chatting with the man behind the counter, I watched him put the wrong address labels on the two boxes. I of course pointed out what he had done and he switched them back. I will say that more people down here do seem to be more casual when it comes to paying attention to detail in their work -- and not just at the post office.

Why don't you put the address labels on yourself?

Old 03-10-2010, 04:15 PM

2,501 posts, read 6,750,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flgrammie View Post
Why don't you put the address labels on yourself?
I agree....I always address my own packages. They just put the postage stickers on at the P.O.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:07 PM

3,889 posts, read 2,925,688 times
My favorite stupid / lazy postal carrier story. I had an item sent to me express mail. Required hand delivery and a recipient signature. I was sitting at a window in my home with a direct view to my mailbox on the curb. Raining very hard. Carrier pulled up in his truck, sat 2-3 minutes and then put something in the box. Drove away. I went out and saw a form indicating he had tried to deliver but I was not home. He was just too lazy to leave his truck and get wet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area