Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 02:26 PM

5,276 posts, read 6,207,341 times

Advertisements

Actually Summerville has a very nice historic area. It also has a town square which Mt Pleasant does not. Mt Pleasant is obviously closer to the beach & has harbor access- but what if someone is not a beach person?

And if someone is really image obsessed and funded they'll skip public altogether around here. But horror of horrors the best private school is in West Ashley and the Best Charter/Magnate in North Charleston. How will the children ever learn in such unfashionable zip codes? (clutches pearls)

And pokr in a nod to the Charleston area I will evoke the best all time cheesy local add: 'go sonny, go sonny, go sonny goldberg.' Anyone else remember that ditty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 09:36 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
hate to repeat but coastal living or not.............that's it.......

Old 04-17-2010, 10:45 PM

18 posts, read 67,836 times
Glad to some some hometown pride at least. From what I have read is that they both seem like great areas to live and have some great quality's in both places. Everywhere ahs it's drawbacks. Heck even my hometown of Lake Stevens probably has some that I'm unaware of.. LOL My move date to the area will be 5/21 or 6/4. The company is putting me and my family up in the Marriott Suits for two months so I will hopefully make a good decision within the time they are giving us We are going to buy a home, preferable with a pool, in an area with good schools and a great QOL. We want to stay $350K or lower and there seems to be a lot of options. After looking through all the pics and reading the posts we are really looking forward to moving into the area. Won't be too long till we are going to be saying my grass is greener nener nener nener, that yours either about MP or SV.

Good to see some pride about where ya'll are living. That right there says a lot!

Thanks!

Rob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area