U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2010, 01:42 PM

252 posts, read 428,659 times

Advertisements

Ok, so Jay has been there almost 3 weeks now, he has settled into his job nicely, loves the area, but isn't thrilled about some of the drivers!

He has looked at a few houses in Mt.P' and really likes it there, the one we are hoping to get is on Cypress pointe Drive in Dunes West. Our Son will be starting at Wando after the Summer. What do you guys think about this area? Do any of you live near there?

The other two prospects were in Hubbell Drive and Annie Laura lane...The ony thing Jay wants to be sure of, is that there is a gym nearby where he and our son can play raquetball.
Thanks for your input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 02:22 PM

2,525 posts, read 7,193,846 times
At East Shore Athletic Club's Mount Pleasant location, PCG constructed a 4,000 square foot Racquetball Court and Childrens Fitness center addition as well as the renovation of their current spinning room.

I'm not sure which ESAC location that is, it might be the one "inside" of Park West, if not, then it's the one in Mt. Pleasant closer to the bridge.

As to your picks, be sure that the homes you're leaning towards on the above streets aren't already under contract. I see contingent short sales on both of those streets, and since very few on Cypress Point match those on Hubbell and Annie Laura in price ranges, it's possibly the one you're thinking of.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJShymansky View Post
At East Shore Athletic Club's Mount Pleasant location, PCG constructed a 4,000 square foot Racquetball Court and Childrens Fitness center addition as well as the renovation of their current spinning room.

I'm not sure which ESAC location that is, it might be the one "inside" of Park West, if not, then it's the one in Mt. Pleasant closer to the bridge.

As to your picks, be sure that the homes you're leaning towards on the above streets aren't already under contract. I see contingent short sales on both of those streets, and since very few on Cypress Point match those on Hubbell and Annie Laura in price ranges, it's possibly the one you're thinking of.

Thanx DJS, appreciate your response. We are actually renting a property, our Son just has his senior year to get through, so we didn't want to commit to any area for more than a year, we want to know it's the right place for us before we buy anywhere. Jay went to see it last week (the cypress point one) and it isn't up for sale. I'm assuming from what you said about price ranges, that the other two properties are in a lower price area? The rent was about $200 a month cheaper on both of them, I was wondering if that lower price means much difference in the look of the area or the amenities etc?

Thanx for the info on the athletic club, the men folk will be happy!

Old 04-21-2010, 03:19 PM

You should be fine in any of those locations, then, yes. Dunes West just generally has a higher price tag associated with it but Cypress Point is outside the gate, so the price difference isn't as high as it would be inside the gated section. Again, all would likely serve your family well. Congrats!

Old 04-21-2010, 04:27 PM

77 posts, read 147,020 times
I have a question. My wife and I were just down to Summerville about a month ago, and fell in love with the area. We looked at the Del Webb and thought it might be exactly what we need in our later years (59 & 60 yr old). Here's my question......I recall a realtor suggesting alternatives in the Charleston area to Del Webb (but he never said what alternatives). What other alternatives are there besides Del Webb?
Thanks everyone!

Old 04-21-2010, 06:36 PM

1,889 posts, read 4,833,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clanaxberg View Post
Thanx DJS, appreciate your response. We are actually renting a property, our Son just has his senior year to get through, so we didn't want to commit to any area for more than a year, we want to know it's the right place for us before we buy anywhere. Jay went to see it last week (the cypress point one) and it isn't up for sale. I'm assuming from what you said about price ranges, that the other two properties are in a lower price area? The rent was about $200 a month cheaper on both of them, I was wondering if that lower price means much difference in the look of the area or the amenities etc?

Thanx for the info on the athletic club, the men folk will be happy!
Just a thought on the Dunes West rental, make sure the amenities are included since that is a additional fee to the HOA and the home owner may not be paying for the amenities. As you know I have a senior at Wando now and in 2 years a Freshman. I am very please with Wando HS and I love living in the area.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachme View Post
Just a thought on the Dunes West rental, make sure the amenities are included since that is a additional fee to the HOA and the home owner may not be paying for the amenities. As you know I have a senior at Wando now and in 2 years a Freshman. I am very please with Wando HS and I love living in the area.

Thanx for that, I am pretty sure I asked Jay to mention amenities, I will make sure I tell him again. We should know for certain which one we will be taking by mid week, next week. Things are starting to move pretty quickly now!

He talked to the office at Wando on Monday, he is going to arrange a walk through sometime next week, I just wish our Son was as excited as I am, poor kid, has to be rough for him starting a new school senior year!

Old 04-22-2010, 09:17 PM

Well, I guess we counted our chickens before we should have! Seems we were out bid for the house we wanted, so back to the drawing board! We still have about a month to find our perfect new home, I'm not really too worried...yet!

Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 AM

Most rentals do fly off the market during April/May here.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJShymansky View Post
Most rentals do fly off the market during April/May here.

Yeah, I think it's the same pretty much everywhere, most people (especially with school age kids) want to move during the Summer, we were hoping for Jay to see a couple more today, but our agent didn't call him, so I'm guessing she couldn't arrange it.

I'm guessing that the employees moving for Boeing, may be snapping up a big piece of the rental market too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area