Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2007, 03:21 PM

47 posts, read 140,108 times

Advertisements

I have heard a lot of negitive things about the north charleston area.I dont know the charleston area at all I am relocating soon and would like to know what areas should be avoided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 04:00 PM

16 posts, read 54,358 times
IMO If you have the time to drive thru the area you can tell the places to be avoided. If you have to live in N.CHS, Park Circle is making a comeback, older homes safe area but surrounded by not soo good areas. Where N.CHS & Goose Creek meet; around Otranto area is nice & safe. Plenty of Apts, and a mix of old & new homes. Goose Creek area down HWY 52 is a good place too however you would have to buy or rent a house, no decent apartment complexes. Good Luck.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:19 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,655 times
I have a couple of friends who are police officers in North Charleston and have told me about how bad it is and has become much worse over the past few years.

Old 06-29-2007, 09:48 AM

10 posts, read 25,876 times
Hello, I live in North Charleston Off of Dorchester Rd. Closer to Summerville, There are some really nice communities but I think that like all cities there are certain areas that may not be the best. I havent had and problems with crime thus far.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:22 AM

153 posts, read 769,511 times
Being from Charleston, I know that the north area has been known as the high-crime section of the city for quite sometime. If you live closer to Summerville, Goose Creek, and even West Ashley, you'll be OK. Personally, I would like the cities of Chas and N. Chas to merge into one city of Chas, and if this occurred, I believe that crime would be cutdown, since the city of Chas has one of the best police departments. I know, that's another matter.

I would wait about 5-10 years before moving into sections of Park Circle and lower sections of the city towards "the Neck". When Magnolia and Noisette complete their massive revitalization projects, these areas will be attractive places to relocate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area