U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-15-2007, 05:41 PM

20 posts, read 44,159 times

Advertisements

Help! We are hoping to move to Mt. Pleasant in fall (depending on the sale of our house) and are looking at Dunes West or Park West and wondered if anyone could let us know a little about social events there. My Husband likes to play poker and I have been involved in our neighborhood bunko games and book clubs. Are these neighborhoods welcoming to new people and do they have many social activities? Thanks for the help....we look forward to activly participating in whatever neighborhood we choose!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 02:57 AM

209 posts, read 566,346 times
We are moving to Park West, Dunes West or West Ashley in the fall from the West Coast.
My wife and I love to play cards including poker with friendly stakes.
Let's keep in touch..............

Old 06-22-2007, 01:43 PM

117 posts, read 352,696 times
Don't count out Brickyard - great for kids, good swim team, boat launch, walking trails!

Old 06-24-2007, 08:03 PM

49 posts, read 309,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4greatboys View Post
Help! We are hoping to move to Mt. Pleasant in fall (depending on the sale of our house) and are looking at Dunes West or Park West and wondered if anyone could let us know a little about social events there. My Husband likes to play poker and I have been involved in our neighborhood bunko games and book clubs. Are these neighborhoods welcoming to new people and do they have many social activities? Thanks for the help....we look forward to activly participating in whatever neighborhood we choose!
Hi,

I live in Charleston National (basically across from Park West) and my friends husband plays poker with a group and there is a bunko game every month at our golf course clubhouse. I haven't played yet but I have friends that do and they LOVE it!

Good Luck with your move!
Lori

Old 06-25-2007, 10:30 AM

10 posts, read 22,201 times
There are a lot of great communities in the Mt. Pleasant area - the ones mentioned above, plus Grassy Creek, Rivertowne, Seaside Farms, ION, Daniel Island (not in Mt. P but close). Moderator cut: solicitation removed I relocated here 3+ years ago, so I am famaliar with what you are going through. Good luck

Last edited by GoPadge; 06-25-2007 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: Solicitations violate the Terms of Service

Old 06-25-2007, 11:13 AM

20 posts, read 44,159 times
Thanks for all of the help everyone. We are really looking forward to the move and can't wait to become active in whichever neighborhood that we choose.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:41 PM

22 posts, read 86,383 times
Default 4GreatBoys Move to Mount Pleasant

Congratulations on your decision to move to Mount Pleasant! Both Park West and Dunes West are great neighborhoods and would be great choices.

Dunes West and Park West are parts of what was originaly a 3100 acre parcel that was annexed into Mount Pleasant in the early 1990's. The parcels which are now Dunes West and Park West are actually larger than all of Daniel Island, to give you some idea of size.

Within Park West are schools (Elementary, Primary, Middle) and the high school is located in an adjacent neighborhood that will soon have an access road to the school so students and their families will not have to go onto Highway 17 to access the high school.

Mount Pleasant's Recreation Department has a large presence there with multiple baseball, football and soccer fields, a gym, a rec center, and an indoor swimming pool. These facilities are in addition to the amenities provided by Dunes West and Park West including pools, tennis courts, waterslides, golf course, play park, and community center. I have included some pictures that may be helpful to you!
Attached Thumbnails
Moving to Mt. Pleasant in Fall-clubhouse.gif   Moving to Mt. Pleasant in Fall-park_20west_20slideshow.gif   Moving to Mt. Pleasant in Fall-dunes_west4.jpg   Moving to Mt. Pleasant in Fall-homepagepic.jpg  

Old 07-10-2007, 02:07 PM

12 posts, read 81,508 times
Hi my family and I are also planning to move to the Charleston area we are looking for an area that is walking distance to a quant downtown for coffee shops shopping ect. Does anyone have any ideas. Also we would like a town with a great school system.
thanks!!

Old 07-10-2007, 02:33 PM

22 posts, read 86,383 times
Smile Charleston Area Homes with Walking Distance to Coffee Shops, etc.

The Charleston area has many opportunities to live near coffee shops, cafes, etc. Certainly homes on the peninsula of Charleston has the greatest opportunities for access but Mount Pleasant and Daniel Island do as well. The I'On neighborhood in Mt. Pleasant is a wonderful place that has cafes, shops, recreation, and other services within walking distance. Daniel Island also provides convenience for residents with shopping that are accessible to pedestrians. I hope that this helps! Cheryll Woods-Flowers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area