Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2015, 10:24 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,148,712 times

Advertisements

Perhaps, but two stores, about 3 miles apart, with the current population of the area doesn't add up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 11:33 AM

1,642 posts, read 2,420,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
As I mentioned, the only two I can think of, that already have a presence in the State, would be Giant Eagle and Food Lion.
Or Piggly Wiggly. They have a store in Milton.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:07 PM

6,071 posts, read 9,095,810 times
Looks like a Walmart Neighborhood Market for sure! I have mixed opinions. I like the idea of another grocery store in Teays Valley, just not sure if it needs to be a Walmart operated one. I am in favor of seeing that lot developed, but why is Walmart so eager to build so close to their Hurricane Supercenter?

I am in favor of a Giant Eagle or Foodlion there, but if Walmart wants another store in Putnam County, then I think that off the Scott Depot/Winfield Exit would be better. They could build it off the new access road and then it would get the Winfield/Eleanor crowd plus Teays Valley and Scott Depot.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:02 PM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Well, it's finally going to happen. Sheetz is indeed building on that lot near Thomas hospital.

Sheetz to Open South Charleston location Next Year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
You beat me to it. I saw that buzzing on facebook today. Looks like last winters weather delayed Sheetz in other projects, and now they are able to move on with this one. That article says it is from Sept.
I drove past that area Saturday. They must have bought more than just the empty lot. There are a couple of buildings being torn down. Maybe thy will have the entire block.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I drove past that area Saturday. They must have bought more than just the empty lot. There are a couple of buildings being torn down. Maybe thy will have the entire block.
Yeah, it looks as if they'd have to eliminate 3-4 houses in order to build that Sheetz.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:05 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,148,712 times
Mensaguy and Chriscross, I thought the same thing when I saw the lot.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:51 PM

Sheetz has made it very clear that land availability has been the biggest stumbling block in their attempt to open Charleston area stores. The valley is full of buildings, and the land that is big enough for them is too expensive. What you don't see happening in the KV is developers making more room for future development by molding the earth. Cities like Bridgeport and Morgantown had to do it to see the new developments, but there isn't a push for that in and around Charleston. Elkview is to a very small extent as developers have been moving earth to make room for new restaurants and shopping in recent years, but other than that all new development has happened in existing developers or they have had to tear down buildings. Southridge was probably the last major earth moving project in the area.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:36 PM

Restaurant going in on the first floor of Parkview Lofts. It will be called "Bricks and Barrels" and will be an upscale restaurant and wine bar. The second such restaurant announced in recent weeks. This is great for the ever changing Warehouse District. Before Long, this area will be a hot area for development. The state offices in that area are being remodeled, and look great. Plus Kyle Furniture has been renovating their facilities and that will look crisp when complete.

Charleston Daily Mail | New restaurant on ground floor of lofts aims high

Old 01-29-2015, 01:56 PM

The Kroger is Kanawha City will receive a $4 million renovation.

Charleston Daily Mail | Kanawha City Kroger to get $4 million remodel

Old 02-04-2015, 11:59 AM

Yet another new restaurant is coming to the area. This time it is a Korean restaurant called "Korean Fusion Grill". It will be located in Kanawha City in the old Penn Station location. Of course, Penn Station is moving into a new and bigger building just down the street.

Charleston Daily Mail | Korean Fusion restaurant to open in Kanawha City
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston