Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2018, 03:53 AM

6,071 posts, read 9,095,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNada View Post
Saw some new healthy foods store is going in down in KC across from Bojangles and Hooters. Looks pretty nice.
I noticed that as well. looks like it will offer a lot of organic items. I'm glad to see that building being utilized as well.

Staying in Kanwaha City, they demolished Long John Silvers (near CVS). I know that the restaurant hadn't been closed long, but one day I noticed for sale signs. I wonder if someone bought the building, and tore it down with the intent to build something there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2018, 06:17 AM

Some updates:

the southridge area has seen some remodeling and new construction recently. Work on remodeling the Gander Mountain space into a Hobby Lobby has started. They have torn up old fenced in “garden section” that was a remnant of that buildings past use as a Lowe’s (hard to believe how long ago that was). They are planning on completely redoing the entrance in order to construct a more traditional Hobby Lobby storefront.

Toys R Us as you all know is going out of business. I’m curious to see if any new business will announce intentions to move into that space. When Staples closed in that same patch of shops, ALDI was quick to jump on that land. There has been a lot of interest in that part of the development in recent years with Bojangles, ALDI, Chipotle, Red Fire, and others. I could see a business or two that wanted to be a tenant at Little Creek Village show interest in the Toys R Us building.

The Starbucks building is well underway and moving quickly. It has a dark grayish/marronish color to the block facade. It appears that the Starbucks will occupy the left storefront, while the other tenant will have the right. The building faces out towards Quarter G, and looks like it will be a clean look.

KFC and Burger King have both remodeled their restaurants. KFC looks like a bucket of thighs and legs LOL!

Carters, which is located in the strip with Five Guys and Qdoba now features Oshkosh B Gosh as well, and they have changed their sign.

Still no interest has been shown in the TGIF building or lot. It is most likely because the ingress to that lot is difficult when traffic is heavy. If they would create an exit only lane that goes down from the parking lot to the exit from the Shopping Center (across from One Stop), then that lot might be more attractive to a business.

Old 03-31-2018, 04:30 PM

583 posts, read 592,933 times
Toy's R Us would make a great location for Trader Joe's. Yes I know it is a pipe dream. I'll get my TJ's when I move away from here.

Old 03-31-2018, 05:50 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,148,712 times
I've been hearing commercials on Rock 105 for Smoothie King. So I'm presuming that means that the Charleston area will have one sometime soon.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:49 AM

Elder Beerman is likely to close after the announcement of their parent company Bon Ton’s liquidation. I hope they find something to do with this once it is empty. It’s a fairly nice store with a good location. I’d hate to see such a nice spot sit empty.

Elder-Beerman stores expected to close in coming months following company bankruptcy | WCHS

Old 04-24-2018, 06:17 PM

I noticed that Snap Fitness is opening up in the former WOWK Building right off the highway. This is actually a really good location for a fitness center because it will get people after work and it’s location is a natural advertisement!

Old 04-27-2018, 09:43 AM

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/p...b3e789c68.html

Mixed-use development at former IGA store in Winfield

Old 04-27-2018, 07:39 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,071,336 times
That’s great to hear. Winfield is a vibrant community, but it’s really lacking in a downtown feel. A riverfront Park will be an asset to the area. You go to the park at Winfield Little League any night of the week and there are 50-100 kids playing nearby on the play ground or basketball court. And that’s not including having 5 ball fields in use every night of the week.

Old 04-30-2018, 06:01 PM

I don’t know if we have already covered this, but Peace Love & Little Donuts is opening a location at Ashton Place. I hear they are pretty good, and that is a great location for that type of business.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:13 AM

New coffee shop opens on Charleston's West Side | WCHS

Void Coffee Company opens in Charleston's emerging Elk City district. They hope to play host to business meetings and live music aside from their normal operating hours. Another coffee shop is planning on opening nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston