U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2013, 05:37 AM

6,349 posts, read 8,096,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Are you seriously going to try and tell us what the educated and well traveled believe by quoting lame Will Ferrell movies that are far more generic than any chain.
I dont believe I quoted anything.

If you were educated or well traveled you would understand what I am saying. Since you belong to neither of these games groups you really wouldnt know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 08:33 AM

10,257 posts, read 10,376,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Are you seriously going to try and tell us what the educated and well traveled believe by quoting lame Will Ferrell movies that are far more generic than any chain.
Ignore him. He's probably never even been to Charleston to see what kind of restaurants there are around town.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:34 AM

10,257 posts, read 10,376,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Just thought you all would like to know that the new cafe inside Yeager Airport (Kanawha Cafe) is up and running and is a good thing for inside the terminal area of the airport.
Yeager offers food and drink beyond the security gate* - News - The Charleston Gazette - West Virginia News and Sports -
I saw that the other day. It is a big improvement to be able to get coffee when yet another airplane is delayed and you have to wait for hours.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Ignore him. He's probably never even been to Charleston to see what kind of restaurants there are around town.
I have been to Charleston several times and eaten there every time.

You don't even understand the context of the discussion Mensa. I am not bashing Charleston. I find that it has a good restaurant scene and is the 2nd best in WV after Morgantown.

The comment I responded too is in regard to generic franchise restaurants. Charleston has good local restaurants, again 2nd best in WV. They add character and culture to Charleston. Burger king and applebees don't. I realize to unsophisticated people olive garden is the height of fine dining, but they are really missing out.

So before you mindlessly attack because you are upset about facts I have brought to light that you wanted to remain hidden in other post consider that you might actually after with me here Mensa. I am a big fan of Charleston, think it is a nice place, and am truthful about it.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:43 PM

1,443 posts, read 2,147,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
I have been to Charleston several times and eaten there every time.

You don't even understand the context of the discussion Mensa. I am not bashing Charleston. I find that it has a good restaurant scene and is the 2nd best in WV after Morgantown.

The comment I responded too is in regard to generic franchise restaurants. Charleston has good local restaurants, again 2nd best in WV. They add character and culture to Charleston. Burger king and applebees don't. I realize to unsophisticated people olive garden is the height of fine dining, but they are really missing out.

So before you mindlessly attack because you are upset about facts I have brought to light that you wanted to remain hidden in other post consider that you might actually after with me here Mensa. I am a big fan of Charleston, think it is a nice place, and am truthful about it.
Yes - second to Morgantown - I forgot Morgantown has a 5 guys now!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
Yes - second to Morgantown - I forgot Morgantown has a 5 guys now!
Charleston has one too I thought. A whole lotta meh.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:54 PM

1,443 posts, read 2,147,863 times
Quote:

5 Guys is Char-broil here in the Triangle - the carry-out with the tables outside - thick greasy burgers and thick greasy fries - heaven!! I teased about it, but a town without one of these is indeed lacking in my opinion.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:44 PM

4,976 posts, read 6,533,053 times
Quote:
2 actually

Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
2 actually
Even better.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,295,385 times
IMHO, 5-Guys is pretty gross. The amount of grease on their burgers can't be healthy. I would like to see calorie/fat/cholesterol breakdown on each of their burgers, it can't be good. Also, they put so much salt on their fries that a deer walked out of the woods and tried to lick my fingers after i ate there....

The sof drink fountain is pretty cool though. I've seen a few of those going in to other restaurants lately.

I don't mind sitting down and getting a fast food burger, but this place really isn't near the top of my list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston