Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 08:07 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,564,324 times

Advertisements

This is a hippy/yuppie/earthel store that they have here in Raleigh and is overpriced and useless, unless you're one of the aforementioned. Don't need this store IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 08:13 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,876,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
This is a hippy/yuppie/earthel store that they have here in Raleigh and is overpriced and useless, unless you're one of the aforementioned. Don't need this store IMO.
That is a generalization and is untrue.

Nobody is going to make you shop there.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:56 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,564,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
That is a generalization and is untrue.

Nobody is going to make you shop there.
Those that are hippies, ex-hippies, earthels, ex-eathels, back-to-nature folks - that's who would shop and want this store. Not generalizing - that's the fact (you like facts, right?) If they can make a go of it in WV, I guess more power too em, but it's a fringe market.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
Those that are hippies, ex-hippies, earthels, ex-eathels, back-to-nature folks - that's who would shop and want this store. Not generalizing - that's the fact (you like facts, right?) If they can make a go of it in WV, I guess more power too em, but it's a fringe market.
If it is a fact show proof.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:16 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,073,096 times
I was unaware they cater to a fringe market. From what I have heard from people that sometimes travel to Columbus to shop, that it seems pretty mainstream to shop at Trader Joes. I could be wrong, just going off conversations with some locals that have hit up TJ's when they travel.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
I was unaware they cater to a fringe market. From what I have heard from people that sometimes travel to Columbus to are hp, that it seems pretty mainstream to shop at Trader Joes. I could be wrong, just going off conversations with some locals that have hit up TJ's when they travel.
It isn't.

The statement is untrue.

TJ has high quality, mostly organic products, cheap prices, but a very limited selection.

It caters to people who want quality food cheaply and are happy with the selection of goods.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:45 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,150,707 times
Except that many of the offerings labeled under the TJ's brand is just repackaged food from the major food producers/companies, which many of them don't care if the food is healthy, of quality or organic.

TJ's is the place to go if you want name brand food at lower prices. If that is all you need, then TJ's will work for you.

I know many people, from varying walks of life and income levels, who go to TJ's when they travel. TJ's does attract a certain type of customer and TJ's is usually looked at as niche type of store but it seems that they cater to many customers.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:56 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,150,707 times
Just checked the facebook pages, The Bring Trader Joes to Charleston page has 4100 likes. The Bring Trader Joe's to Huntington page has 7,100.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros71 View Post
Except that many of the offerings labeled under the TJ's brand is just repackaged food from the major food producers/companies, which many of them don't care if the food is healthy, of quality or organic.

TJ's is the place to go if you want name brand food at lower prices. If that is all you need, then TJ's will work for you.

I know many people, from varying walks of life and income levels, who go to TJ's when they travel. TJ's does attract a certain type of customer and TJ's is usually looked at as niche type of store but it seems that they cater to many customers.
I never said healthy. That depends on the food.

It is mostly organic, as defined by the FDA. That doesn't mean it truly is 'organic' but the vast majority of their food meets FDA organic standards.

People who identify as liberals find TJ the most admired company. My guess is rva's comment is just a reaction to this fact and not based on anything other than the people he perceives to shop there.

You are right though. People of all incomes and beliefs shop there.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:24 AM

6,078 posts, read 9,107,153 times
No matter the demographic of people, I'm positive the city of Charleston could support one. Especially on the East End.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston