Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2014, 04:50 AM

3 posts, read 4,152 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I will be starting work as an intern at the Women and Children's Hospital from July 2014 and will be relocating to Charleston in June. I am looking to rent a suitable house/apartment within walking distance to the hospital. I require a place with 1-2 bedrooms which is clean, preferably newly remodeled with a furnished kitchen including a refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher as well as a washer/dryer. I can pay extra for a quality place. Any views about the Charleston Center Village apartments? There isnt much on craigslist...does anyone have any contacts relating to real estate agencies in the area?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 08:41 AM

6,070 posts, read 9,091,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedsgirl88 View Post
Hello!

I will be starting work as an intern at the Women and Children's Hospital from July 2014 and will be relocating to Charleston in June. I am looking to rent a suitable house/apartment within walking distance to the hospital. I require a place with 1-2 bedrooms which is clean, preferably newly remodeled with a furnished kitchen including a refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher as well as a washer/dryer. I can pay extra for a quality place. Any views about the Charleston Center Village apartments? There isnt much on craigslist...does anyone have any contacts relating to real estate agencies in the area?

Thanks!
Hello, Women's and Children's is in a interesting spot in town. The only decent apartments in walking distance would be Charleston Center Village. I do not have any contacts for that part of town. If you could afford a those apartments at CCV. then those are probably your best bet because that location is awesome. You can walk to work in 10 mins, and in 5mins you can be at the Town Center Mall.

Good luck!

Old 03-26-2014, 01:04 AM

3 posts, read 4,152 times
Thanks! What are your views about safety? I have been told that the area around the hospital is not particularly safe especially near the greyhound station which is located quite close to the CCV apartments...

Old 03-26-2014, 06:56 AM

6,070 posts, read 9,091,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedsgirl88 View Post
Thanks! What are your views about safety? I have been told that the area around the hospital is not particularly safe especially near the greyhound station which is located quite close to the CCV apartments...
It is not the most ideal save place along Washington Street, which is the direct route to the hospital. I have never heard of anything specific about around the greyhound station. That part of town is really open, so anything that poses as a potential threat is right out in the open so that everyone can see. Washington Street is one of the busiest thoroughfares in the city, so there really isn't a lot people can get away with. Again, I haven't heard much on safety concerns in particular. Some bonuses to that particular part of town is there are a few office buildings (accounting firm and Charleston Health Services) on that short stretch along with the Marriott hotel. Those few businesses bring a safer atmosphere of people. Plus there will be others who work at the hospital that walk Washington street to get to work. You will find that there is actually a lot of foot traffic.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:49 AM

2 posts, read 2,497 times
My wife and I just moved into Charleston Center Village a few months ago and they are reasonable for the size and location plus include a garage and allow pets. The kitchens are small and dated as far as the appliances but considering the lack of quality apartments in the Charleston area, we're pretty satisfied.

removed - link not allowed

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 04-06-2014 at 08:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
View detailed profiles of: