U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 09:46 AM

5,080 posts, read 6,787,028 times

Advertisements

Anyone else notice how ugly the former Huntington Bank tower looks now without the Huntington Bank logo? I hope they can land a name brand company to advertise on there building so that we don't have to look at that mess for years and years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 10:52 AM

710 posts, read 435,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Anyone else notice how ugly the former Huntington Bank tower looks now without the Huntington Bank logo? I hope they can land a name brand company to advertise on there building so that we don't have to look at that mess for years and years.
I have been told by a friend of mine in the city that the building is in really bad condition. She said she would not be surprised if it was torn down. Only 3 floors are occupied and those tenants would leave if not locked into a lease. The garage is in rather good shape but it is past its useful date of 30 years without a major over haul. I have said it before, half jokingly and half serious, the best piece of equipment the city could own is a bull dozer. We have a lot of buildings like this littering the area.

I would rather see it razed and new 3 or 4 floor stone construction replace it to match up better with the other buildings on Hale.

Old Today, 09:17 AM

5,080 posts, read 6,787,028 times
Noticed that the Holiday Inn Express across from the Civic Center is getting some exterior work. Glad that they are at least interested in improving their look, now that the CC has a fresh look. I hope that it looks somewhat decent when its all said and done.

Also the doctor's office that is going in the former Kelly's Men shop is coming along well with its remodel. I think it will look great on that corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or