U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM

355 posts, read 198,125 times

Advertisements

Just saw that Teays Valley is getting another Wendy’s in the development that was going to house Walmart Neighborhood Market. I guess they will have to update the sign on the interstate near Cross Lanes to say 15 instead of 14 area Wendy’s locations. Whoo-hoo I don’t think I can handle this exciting development... (complete sarcasm just in case)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM

4,992 posts, read 6,556,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnada View Post
just saw that teays valley is getting another wendy’s in the development that was going to house walmart neighborhood market. I guess they will have to update the sign on the interstate near cross lanes to say 15 instead of 14 area wendy’s locations. Whoo-hoo i don’t think i can handle this exciting development... (complete sarcasm just in case)
Haha

Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM

I’m going to just take a swag and say that there are probably 100 burger places in the areas of Charleston and Huntington and still no Red Robin.

Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,065,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNada View Post
I’m going to just take a swag and say that there are probably 100 burger places in the areas of Charleston and Huntington and still no Red Robin.
It really stinks that both Red Robin and Costco seem to avoid this state like the plague despite the fact they would both do well here with three locations each (Morgantown, Charleston/Huntington, and Martinsburg (maybe minus a Red Robin since there is one in Hagerstown)).

Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM

1,272 posts, read 3,340,814 times
Is this a new Wendy's or are they relocating another valley area location? From what I have read the sad thing is these residents didn't want a Wal-Mart Neighborhood market but instead are getting a Wendy's- which will cause similar lighting issues, be open at similar times ,etc. Other than having fewer parking spaces and not taking up quite as much space, I am not sure they really won here.

Teays Valley used to be (not sure if it still is) one of the fastest growing parts of the state- Is there not something else that they could find to go there? I know from growing up in the area there has to be one a mile or two away at the Winfield exit plus Burger King, McDonalds, etc some of which are also at the Hurricane exit. I know it's all fast food but could there not at least be a Five Guys, Red Robin, Chipotle, etc.

Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM

Oddly enough they have a 5 Guys right down the road from this and a Fat Patty’s too. It’s burger world basically. And it appears that the development will have 4 parcels so instead of a much needed new to the area grocery store there will be probably 4 more fast food places that we already have.

Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM

1,361 posts, read 1,264,230 times
To be honest, the only thing that should probably be going into this piece of property is residential. The reason we didn't want the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market is because the traffic on Rt 34 is already too much. A large big box type of store just doesn't work in that location. There is also no room to expand Rt 34 beyond what it is now unless every home and existing business lose their front yard area, at the very least. In many places, the homes and businesses are close too the road.

Also, the logical location for something like a Wal-Mart Neighborhood market is the area next to The Home Depot. However, if a grocery store is to be built, and built on the land I just mentioned, let's hope it's something better than another Wal-Mart.

Old Today, 08:01 AM

Yes it should be residential only. Thats the bad thing about development out there is that it looks helter skelter. I’m just not sure anything was gained by stopping the construction of the grocery store if in the end there are 4 fast food places or something that creates the same amount of traffic, light and noise pollution in its place. It almost looks like zoning laws are non-existant.

Old Today, 08:44 AM

1,361 posts, read 1,264,230 times
That's a valid point. I'm all for overhauling the county commission and putting people in those positions who understand proper development and just don't worry abou the next dollar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Charleston