U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:24 PM

19 posts, read 54,439 times

Advertisements

Hey all,
I have having trouble finding friends to get to know and hang out with. I have never had as much trouble up north as I am down here. Any ideas? I would like for them to be Christians rather than in bars or clubs. I enjoy active, adult singles or mixed groups of couples and singles that enjoy going out and doing all kinds of things. Movies, going out to eat, bowling, whitewater rafting, shopping, travelling, sight-seeing, and soo much more. Please let me know where to look. Im sure they are here somewhere, I just cant find them.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2007, 01:30 AM

473 posts, read 1,450,805 times
Red face Meetups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaspberryBlue View Post
Hey all,
I have having trouble finding friends to get to know and hang out with. I have never had as much trouble up north as I am down here. Any ideas? I would like for them to be Christians rather than in bars or clubs. I enjoy active, adult singles or mixed groups of couples and singles that enjoy going out and doing all kinds of things. Movies, going out to eat, bowling, whitewater rafting, shopping, travelling, sight-seeing, and soo much more. Please let me know where to look. Im sure they are here somewhere, I just cant find them.
Thanks
What about Meetups? It's online in the Charlotte area. There is also something that one of the girls had previously posted but I don't remember exactly what it is. Google Charlotte social groups and see what you come up with.

I'm curious, where do you live?

Old 06-19-2007, 06:42 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,418,146 times
The only perfect answer that gives everything you want: movies, rafting, a non-meat market/bar group is:
Charlotte Outdoor Adventures...link:
Carolinas Outdoor Adventures - the largest and most active outdoor sport and social organization in Charlotte and greater Carolinas

An event is going on EVERY night of the week: boating, hiking, rafting, group Caribbean cruises and ski vacations, movie night, dog parties, YOU NAME IT!

Other ideas:
Bravo Young Professionals links:
Opera Carolina: BRAVO! (http://www.operacarolina.org/involved_bravo.php - broken link)
HOME (http://www.operayoungprofessionals.org - broken link)
Mint Museum Young Professionals link:
The Mint Museums: Museum Affiliates (http://www.mintmuseum.org/membership_affiliates.php - broken link)
NC Dance Young Affiliates:
Opening Night Insiders, North Carolina Dance Theatre

Good luck--

Old 06-22-2007, 01:57 AM

19 posts, read 54,439 times
Hey,
I live in Highland Park, beside Highland Creek, behind Concord Mills Mall.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:40 AM

2 posts, read 5,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaspberryBlue View Post
Hey all,
Thanks
Same for me... I live near the Speedway

Old 03-31-2009, 08:41 AM

2 posts, read 5,775 times
Same for me... I live near the Speedway

Old 03-31-2009, 10:15 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,022,955 times
If you want them to be 'Christians', then church is a great place.
Active single and married groups can be found and many, many, churches around the area.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:25 AM

655 posts, read 2,093,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
If you want them to be 'Christians', then church is a great place. Active single and married groups can be found and many, many, churches around the area.
Finding Christians at church!?

Old 03-31-2009, 12:07 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,041,772 times
A previous poster mentioned meetups but didn't include the link. Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup.com. Browse by city under Religions & Beliefs and you will find a couple Christian groups.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:01 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,081,622 times
Umm... this post is almost two years old. Hopefully by now the OP has found a few friends!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte