Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 07:09 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,160,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleheart1 View Post
It is difficult to accept the possibility that when "most people that I have met and gotten to know" refuse to call me back, there is but one common factor......me. I think I might look at that. Not trying to insult or denigrate in any way, just looking at the possibilities.
cold cold cold
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 07:52 AM

85 posts, read 362,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
cold cold cold
It pains me too............been there, done that.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:26 AM

19 posts, read 59,897 times
X New York Girl.....
You Are FUN!!! You really gave me a laugh out loud when I read your post. Very cute. Thank you. I appreciate that.
You 'sound' young when I read you, but I noticed "senior"?????? Interesting.
I live in Highland Park....maybe we will meet some day.
Thanks again for the smile and chuckle, keep passing that wonderful personality around
Rasssss

Old 06-22-2007, 01:28 AM

Thanks
But, not really. I tried, with subtle humor, but they really are not grasping what they are doing. For me it is rude to have to say something, by the way I was raised. I am merely trying to make the needed adjustments to soften my edges a bit.
Rasss

Old 06-22-2007, 01:33 AM

Ooooooooo! You hit a nerve here, but I completely understand what you are saying and understand. It isnt as if I hadnt thought of that, but the differences were very dramatic moving down from Indiana and right away as I was meeting people I began noticing differences in their committments, and activity arrangements. At first I was annoyed, then irritated, but now I am getting accustomed to it and knowing that they may or they may not, rather than stressing over it and getting all ready, or the house ready....etc.
I dont want to become sarcastic, I know they dont mean it since I have been told by many people that they are not wanting to disappoint, and are just taking a different approach. Not everyone is able to be honest, right away.
Thanks for your imput though.....
Rasss

Old 06-22-2007, 04:53 AM

85 posts, read 362,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaspberryBlue View Post
Ooooooooo! You hit a nerve here, but I completely understand what you are saying and understand. It isnt as if I hadnt thought of that, but the differences were very dramatic moving down from Indiana and right away as I was meeting people I began noticing differences in their committments, and activity arrangements. At first I was annoyed, then irritated, but now I am getting accustomed to it and knowing that they may or they may not, rather than stressing over it and getting all ready, or the house ready....etc.
I dont want to become sarcastic, I know they dont mean it since I have been told by many people that they are not wanting to disappoint, and are just taking a different approach. Not everyone is able to be honest, right away.
Thanks for your imput though.....
Rasss

My gosh, how is it you don't have friends everywhere??? Someone as rational as you has to be in demand.......you'll get where you want to be soon. You remind me of my wife......level headed, rational and always in control.....

Old 06-22-2007, 09:12 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,511 times
Being assertive has nothing to do with being rude. I think its obvious that you are not comfortable with how you're dealing with these people so maybe it's time to take a different approach.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:19 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,786,516 times
Rasberry,

I know the feeling of people agreeing to plans then standing you up...I am still in NJ and it still happens here.
Don't take it to heart...If you are close to where we will be, my family and your family can become friends...we both hate people who cancel plans or No Shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte