Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2010, 02:35 PM

5 posts, read 22,225 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of a private transportation company that transports students to and from school? I am looking for a company to take a student from Northlake Mall area to the new Hough High School in Huntersville and back every day at a reasonable cost. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 02:56 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,308,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyh View Post
Anyone know of a private transportation company that transports students to and from school? I am looking for a company to take a student from Northlake Mall area to the new Hough High School in Huntersville and back every day at a reasonable cost. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Isn't there a public school bus he can take?

If not, how about a city bus?

Old 06-17-2010, 03:02 PM

No public transportation available there and he's not in that school district so can't go public. That's why we need private.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:09 PM

847 posts, read 1,344,534 times
I don't know of anyone but that sounds like that could be a great business opportunity for someone.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:46 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,160,566 times
I don't understand how someone can attend school in a district they don't live in.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:18 PM

In cms, you can choose to be in a different school. Even though the deadline has passed to do that, his mom is a teacher and wants him in the other school to be with his friends. He's been through a ton of very difficult stuff this year and she thinks it would be an easier transition.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:10 PM

23 posts, read 52,343 times
A few years back there was once a company called Tots n Teens on wheels. I used them until my daughter got her license and was able to drive to extracurriculars on her own. The owner/operator was very nice, he was retired military or law enforcement, I believe, and was very reasonable. I found him in the advertisement section in the back of the Charlotte Parents magazine you can pick up for free at Harris Teeter. Good Luck!

Old 06-18-2010, 05:53 PM

443 posts, read 1,251,507 times
She might be able to pay a parent to do the driving. If he has friends who will be attending the school, maybe she could put the word out that she is looking to pay a parent (or student...if they'd be comfortable with that) who will be going to and from the school to drive her son-- for pay.
I know that there are companies that you do what you are looking for, but I just don't know them by name. Another thought is to call some private schools and see if they know of a company that does this. Awhile back a ran into a parent who lived in Charlotte but had kids at Gaston Day and they used a car company to take 2 kids two and from school.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:45 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,064,475 times
Contact the school and sign up for the carpooling program with other parents in your situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte