U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-17-2010, 03:26 PM

15 posts, read 22,317 times
Default Best place to buy a home in Matthews NC...?

Where is the best place to buy a home in matthews right now?

We're a couple in our 30's, looking to buy a brick or brick front house with approx 2500-3000+ sq feet. We're not too keen on new builds, recently made homes that are on for re-sale is what we are considering for under 250k.

We are driving into Matthews this weekend to get a feel for the place. Where do people recommend we go, what neighborhoods?

I have heard Weddington Ridge is lovely, but are there any hidden gems out there we can drive and check out too?

Thanks all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 04:54 PM

43,271 posts, read 51,756,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor888 View Post
Where is the best place to buy a home in matthews right now?

We're a couple in our 30's, looking to buy a brick or brick front house with approx 2500-3000+ sq feet. We're not too keen on new builds, recently made homes that are on for re-sale is what we are considering for under 250k.

We are driving into Matthews this weekend to get a feel for the place. Where do people recommend we go, what neighborhoods?

I have heard Weddington Ridge is lovely, but are there any hidden gems out there we can drive and check out too?

Thanks all.
One of the best, if you can find a home in your price range, is Providence Plantation - I'd look there first.

I also like Ashley Creek, Brightmoor, Weddington Ridge,and Sardis Plantation. There are others, but those are some of the best in your price range

Old 06-17-2010, 10:26 PM

131 posts, read 162,237 times
Matthews Plantation, Hampton Green, and Thornblade are some others too.

Good luck!

Old 06-18-2010, 06:30 AM

3 posts, read 3,993 times
I live in Ashley Creek it is a great neighborhood-also you should try Brightmoor

Old 01-31-2014, 01:25 PM

83 posts, read 39,921 times
Providence hills is nice too. John Weiland neighborhood............... Right near Syskey YMCA Too

Old 02-01-2014, 03:23 PM

1,652 posts, read 1,825,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joisy jim View Post
Providence hills is nice too. John Weiland neighborhood............... Right near Syskey YMCA Too
Nice neighborhood. I believe the current schools are Weddington but rezoning has made it Sun Valley. I have a friend that put house up for sale last week and is building closer to WHS because of rezone.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:27 AM

444 posts, read 268,445 times
Warning on Weddington Ridge - that's one of those areas that has a Matthews address, but is really in Charlotte. I know people who live there though - very nice neighborhood. Much of Providence Hills is also in Charlotte. None of the people who live in those neighborhoods were happy about that. What's not in Charlotte is in Union County. These neighborhoods seem like they should be in Matthews, and like I said, their address is Matthews, 28105 - but taxes are at the Charlotte rate and services (fire, police, garbage, etc) come from Charlotte.

Closer into downtown Matthews is Matthews Estates - but that's a strangely laid out neighborhood. There are 5 sections in 3 different price points, but none of them connect. All 5 have completely different entrances. The one off Country Place Dr - the main road into it is Matthews Estates Rd - is the nicer area. Homes rarely go for sale in there, but when they do, they are snapped up pretty quickly. Long story on why that neighborhood was done that way - they COULD have been connected, but the old neighborhoods fought it since it would have made a cut-through for unwanted traffic. So they don't connect and the area that could have been used for connectivity was donated to the town and that is where a lot of the greenway is. There is also a newer neighborhodd that is near the I-485 interchange that's pretty nice - the name escapes me now though - Green-something - Greenbrier maybe. The homes in there are pretty nice. The nice thing about these neighborhoods is the walkability to downtown Matthews......and the Greenway.

There are also some neighborhoods that are newish - last 7 to 10 years maybe that have popped up on Weddington Rd below the Siskey YMCA that weren't mentioned and several older ones too - but all very nice. It's the section after the overpass of I-485 on Weddington Rd that goes towards Trade St in Matthews.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:29 AM

aaaaaaand just noticed that this is a very old thread that was revived a few days ago. Oh well, maybe someone can use the info later.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:04 AM

654 posts, read 563,490 times
Make sure you are zoned for Providence. =]

Old 02-09-2014, 01:00 PM

Providence and Butler are both fine schools
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte