Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2006, 09:23 AM

13 posts, read 36,365 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to know anyones personal experience that has relocated from MA. I presently live in eastern MA and looking to move to the Matthews area.

Thanks
Sharon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2006, 10:30 AM

51 posts, read 142,962 times
Anything in particular you'd like to know about?

We moved down from the North End/Chelsea to Dilworth for our first year in Charlotte. Not the most exciting transition, but after we started looking at Charlotte as a big town with some nice stuff as opposed to a major city lacking in major-city stuff, we became a little more comfortable. Have since bought two properties down here - one a loft that we couldn't imagine affording in Boston, and the other a house we couldn't imagine affording in Boston - we feel very at home and comfortable with what Charlotte has to offer: great people, lots of green spaces, the freedom to shape our lives (in many ways), and the promise of an ever-evolving city.

Last edited by buddler52; 12-09-2006 at 10:46 AM..

Old 12-09-2006, 10:37 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,456 times
Well I'm from Woburn,MA- but not a "Woburnite", I'm considered a carpet-bagger since my family wasn't there at the turn of 20th century-lol. Anyway, goes to show you the whole "native/transplant" thing is everywhere.

We've been here a short time, in South Charlotte, pretty happy, although I don't have to drive Providence Road to work like my wife does

We just got back from Siler Church Christmas breakfast, a bit bummed that we got there late and they only had pancakes, but still had a great time...

My only recommendation is get a Panther's cap, I get grief for wearing my (ahem) 3X Superbowl Pats hat...oh well!

Old 12-09-2006, 11:53 AM

543 posts, read 1,825,136 times
Search for some of my posts. I've documented a lot about our move here from Sutton, MA last June.

Mark

Hey Miker, when's the party? We've got to fly to MA for xmas week but we'll be back after that.

Old 12-11-2006, 10:09 AM

630 posts, read 1,878,134 times
I'll be making the move in 3 weeks. Grew up in suburbia MA (near Framingham), went to Tufts and lived in Medford, Malden and now Woburn.

Moving for the same reason as alot of people. Nicer weather and an affordable house thats not an hour from work and in the ghetto (like in the greater Boston area)

Old 12-11-2006, 03:58 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,546,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh View Post
Search for some of my posts. I've documented a lot about our move here from Sutton, MA last June.

Mark

Hey Miker, when's the party? We've got to fly to MA for xmas week but we'll be back after that.
Um, I thought the superbowl party was at your house???

Old 12-11-2006, 05:29 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,835,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Um, I thought the superbowl party was at your house???

I was thinking the same thing.... Just remember not to drink the water

Old 06-19-2007, 08:51 AM

16 posts, read 103,472 times
Default Moved from MA to NC

Hubby and I moved to NC from Cape Cod twelve years ago. Though we loved the Cape, back then the economy was horrendous and we lost a lot on the sale of our house. But, the job situation was iffy and the pay worse, and being in our 40s, we didn't want to live pay check to pay check. Anyway, we moved to Wilmington, and were at first taken aback by the difference between that and the Cape, though it grew on us and we really liked it. Within the past two years though, things there got very expensive, the storms got worse, traffic horrendous and crowded, so we decided to move up toward Raleigh, where we are now. We absolutely love it here and have met many other MA "transplants." We don't miss the snow, cold, high taxes and all from the Cape, though I do miss family. NC is wonderful, and though we're out in the "country" again, the way things are going here, it will be built up like Wilmington was. Heard on the news last month that 98 families are moving to Wake County a week!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte