U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 01:40 PM

1,076 posts, read 1,993,853 times

Advertisements

I have been following these posts for years. My fiance an I have wanted to move to NC for about 2 years now. When we renewed our lease here in FL last October, we vowed to move before the next lease term came up. We made our trips to visit and get to know which area was best, it was by far Charlotte.

Our last trip, last week, secured a job for the man of the house, we just signed a lease agreement with a private renter agreeing to hold to property (for a fee of course) until September 1st, and we are out of this hellish place called Florida!

I was told it would be very hard to find a rental on acreage that allowed our horse, dogs and trailers (car and ATV), but we found it!! I'm so super excited!! And so proud of what we accomplished once we set our minds to it.

It gives me peace of mind knowing my daughter will be raised in a nice environment. We love the people, and the scenery. Cant wait to call NC our home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 02:20 PM

8,723 posts, read 7,925,436 times
Big congrats and good luck on your move!

Old 06-24-2010, 02:58 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,004,073 times
I remember your earlier posts and I think I was one of the folks who said it wouldn't be easy to find that type of land situation. I am glad I was wrong and hope you all will be very happy here!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Old 06-24-2010, 03:30 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,294,482 times
Congrats on finding everything you wanted, including a job!

What part of the metro are you going to be in?

Old 06-24-2010, 06:30 PM

1,076 posts, read 1,993,853 times
Thank you all. This forum has been such a wealth of information for an out-of-stater. I'm sure it will continue to be for all sorts of references, food, places to visit etc. I check in just about every week, and just read up to see whats new and happening. I loved Waxhaw last year, and this year just confirmed that it was the place for our family. It all kind of just worked itself out..

Old 06-24-2010, 09:42 PM

236 posts, read 489,589 times
Welcome to North Carolina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLShorty4lyfe View Post
I have been following these posts for years. My fiance an I have wanted to move to NC for about 2 years now. When we renewed our lease here in FL last October, we vowed to move before the next lease term came up. We made our trips to visit and get to know which area was best, it was by far Charlotte.

Our last trip, last week, secured a job for the man of the house, we just signed a lease agreement with a private renter agreeing to hold to property (for a fee of course) until September 1st, and we are out of this hellish place called Florida!

I was told it would be very hard to find a rental on acreage that allowed our horse, dogs and trailers (car and ATV), but we found it!! I'm so super excited!! And so proud of what we accomplished once we set our minds to it.

It gives me peace of mind knowing my daughter will be raised in a nice environment. We love the people, and the scenery. Cant wait to call NC our home.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:34 AM

587 posts, read 1,432,381 times
Congratulations and best of luck with your move!! We have been here for almost 5 months and are loving it.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:02 AM

224 posts, read 397,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLShorty4lyfe View Post

Big Congratulations on all points!!!

Finding a job = difficult
Finding a decent, affordable place to keep a horse on site = very difficult
Doing those 2, and keeping dogs, trailers and more = just about a miracle!!

What type of horse do you have and do you ride English or Western?
There are so many good places to trail ride around here,
it's just wonderful. If you are into that type of riding,
I can give you some suggestions on places to go.
My friends and I go all over.

Welcome to North Carolina!

Old 06-25-2010, 11:15 AM

1,511 posts, read 2,874,650 times
Congratulations! I remember your posting about needing land for your animals. So glad it worked out for you guys. "See" you soon

Old 06-25-2010, 03:26 PM

2,954 posts, read 6,120,716 times
Congrats and welcome! I know it's hard to find a rental for horses, had to do it myself. When the move is meant to be, though, things fall into place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte