Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 07:55 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times

Advertisements

Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
I guess it's time for another "transplant" meeting. Don't worry Loves, we'll change is attitude in a very "yankee" kind of way!

Wood shampoo and a personalized tour of a landfill?

Never heard of such things!

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-29-2010 at 09:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 07:59 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Wood shampoo and a personalized tour of a landfill?

Never heard of such things!
WOOD SHAMPOO?

Now, that's a new one on me. I did get the landfill reference, tho. Like "sleeping with the fishes," I learned that stuff on the Sopranos.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-29-2010 at 09:11 AM..

Old 06-28-2010, 08:07 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I always wonder what propels folks to stand on streets and scream about God sending everyone to hell, when Jesus was a lover, not a hater.

I can't figure that out. Makes me sad.
I used to know a church that did that. They honestly believed that they were doing the will of God and (somehow) enticing people to come to Him.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:09 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,401,557 times
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
WOOD SHAMPOO?

Now, that's a new one on me. I did get the landfill reference, tho. Like "sleeping with the fishes," I learned that stuff on the Sopranos.

Sure. Wood shampoo. We've talked about the wood shampoo before. Kinda like...you know...replacing the shampoo on ones head with bits of wood.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:11 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Sure. Wood shampoo. We've talked about the wood shampoo before. Kinda like...you know...replacing the shampoo on ones head with bits of wood.
Okay. So we talked about it before. Can't I still act horrified?

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-29-2010 at 09:12 AM..

Old 06-28-2010, 08:13 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,131,225 times
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
I used to know a church that did that. They honestly believed that they were doing the will of God and (somehow) enticing people to come to Him.
That describes almost every "christian" I know. They are the reason I won't step foot in a church or religious function!

Old 06-28-2010, 08:27 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
That describes almost every "christian" I know. They are the reason I won't step foot in a church or religious function!
I am really sorry that you have had that kind of experience. People like that really do not understand the harm that they do.

However, not all churches or Christians are like that. I promise! I am a Bible-believing Christian and I know that I am no better than anyone else and am not in a position to judge anyone. I also know that God loves us equally and it is beyond our understanding the depth of this love. That is one of the mysteries of Him; he loves us even if we don't know or love Him.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
thread under review to add spoilers

Old 06-29-2010, 11:21 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,972,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Spoiler

I am really sorry that you have had that kind of experience. People like that really do not understand the harm that they do.

However, not all churches or Christians are like that. I promise! I am a Bible-believing Christian and I know that I am no better than anyone else and am not in a position to judge anyone. I also know that God loves us equally and it is beyond our understanding the depth of this love. That is one of the mysteries of Him; he loves us even if we don't know or love Him.
I couldn't have said it any better, chicagocubs! A lot of those so-called "christians" who always like to shove the bible down people's throats are usually the most bigoted, judgmental, right-wing nutjobs around. They really do not even know the true meaning of what Jesus was about. I'm reminded of that parable that Jesus mentions about those hypocrites who want to take the speck out of your eyes, but yet have a large plank in their own eyes, that explains this bunch in a nutshell.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:34 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,972,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Amen sister!!! And the Obama-nator was scheduled to do just that by now. I am VERY disappointed...

On a more serious note, I honestly think Charlotte leans left (by NC standards). However, the billboard was probably defaced by one of those christian conservative types that preach on the streets of uptown.

Here is one of those guys in action during speed street.

YouTube - speed street preacher and buda 2
Now, I'm in agreement with you urbancharlotte in that Charlotte, when compared by NC standards, is liberal, b/c honestly, there is nothing liberal about NC politics. We may have a Democratically run state government, but that's it. And let's not forget that the Democratic machine in this state comes from down east, and a lot of those down east Democrats were self-proclaimed Jessiecrats, so that tells you how liberal North Carolina is. As far as the truly liberal places in North Carolina, it's the college towns of Chapel Hill and Durham, maybe Boone, and Asheville. I think Charlotte and Raleigh are kinda the same politically. As for the bible-thumpers in that video, they are truly ignorant and they do no service for anyone. They do more to turn people away from God then lead people to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte