Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 02:42 AM

43 posts, read 155,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannaCT View Post
Awesome Puerto Rican bread...
and Cuban sandwiches, Chorizo a la gabardina, and the "New" sandwich from the Panaderia & Reposteria La Ceiba. With a strong cup of PRican coffee, con leche of course. And a pan de Mallorca from La Bombonera, with lots of butter. *sigh*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 04:01 AM

314 posts, read 1,136,301 times
I wish I could get some Toasted Ravioli here. Yum.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:03 AM

314 posts, read 1,136,301 times
A Lion's Choice roast beef sandwich would be good too.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:45 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,152,049 times
My apologies as I have not read through this entire thread, but I did do a search and came up with nothing.

Can you get marshmallow fluff in NC?

I ask because about 13-14 years ago I worked with a woman whose son used to go to NC to visit his relatives. She always had to send a jar of fluff with him since that's all he would he eat and they didn't carry it in NC. I was wondering if that was still true.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:58 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,629,802 times
Josh,

Texas BBQ is slow cooked and smoked. Briskett, Chicken, Ribs.... smoked really, really well. You might use a sauce or not. Wood might be hickory, mesquite, or pecan. You may use a rub, but more than likely you mop it with a sauce/marinade/liquid will smoking to help break down the meat. THERE MUST BE A PIT. None of this oven stuff for us.

My Dad is here this weekend and I am putting him to work starting tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGosh Josh View Post
To whoever said "real Texas barbecue," I'm wondering what you mean by that, exactly. North Carolina pulled pork (which we natives refer as barbecue) and ribs can't be beat.

Also...

Can you not just get that at Steak n' Shake?

Anyway, one of my buddies is from Philly. He says that Geno's and Pat's are overrated and that there are some better Philly Cheesesteak places. Got friends from Chicago who are always arguing about which pizza place is the best up there.

I wish I could travel and hang out with Adam Richman from Man v. Food and eat everywhere he eats.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:23 PM

31 posts, read 102,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post

Texas BBQ is slow cooked and smoked. Briskett, Chicken, Ribs.... smoked really, really well. You might use a sauce or not. Wood might be hickory, mesquite, or pecan. You may use a rub, but more than likely you mop it with a sauce/marinade/liquid will smoking to help break down the meat. THERE MUST BE A PIT. None of this oven stuff for us.

My Dad is here this weekend and I am putting him to work starting tomorrow!
The main difference is that in TX BBQ is a verb, NC BBQ is a noun.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:26 PM

31 posts, read 102,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post

The main difference is that in TX BBQ is a verb, NC BBQ is a noun.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:59 PM

5 posts, read 14,331 times
I'm from New Orleans, and I really miss outdoor crawfish boils.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:18 PM

539 posts, read 1,498,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcornwell View Post
Referring to Skyline Chili and Cincinnati cheese coneys

No no no nooooooo. No. They are unique. The buns, the dogs, the mustard, the chili, the cheese and how finely it's shredded, the onions (so finely chopped it's like they're grated). The spaghetti, the beans, the oyster crackers. The seasonings in the chili! Noooooooo. <sigh>
Check it out.....Skyline Chili - The Official Website of Skyline Chili
You can buy everything you want online and have it shipped to you!!

Old 07-01-2010, 10:02 PM

286 posts, read 1,045,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzc View Post
About the only thing I miss about Cincy is the food! I asked people here where to get a good donut and they said the grocery store! lol.. what i wouldn't give for some Buskens, Bon Bonerie, First Watch, J Alexanders, Izzy's, UDF, grippos chips...wow..the list goes on and on!!
Chip Nutty!!!!!! Local donut shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte