U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 09:08 PM

65 posts, read 145,546 times

Advertisements

I live in NY and I knew about it and would have gone if in Charlotte. I listen to Watercolors (jazz station ) on Sirius and they mentioned it quite a few times (whenever they played music from one of the performing artists). I hope it was well attended, since next year I hope to go...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 09:52 PM

2,341 posts, read 4,045,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
There were signs all over downtown... I'm sure there was marketing elsewhere too, but I don't really read the paper or watch local news.
i don't work uptown. i read the observer and listen to local radio. oh well. i can tell you though what plays, musicals and concerts are happening. ;-) Maybe I'm not the right demographic.

for the record maybe local event marketing needs to partner with our local sports and arts providers. I keep up to date via emali mostly. Blumenthal, Bobcats, Panthers, Opera Carolina, etc,.. all do a great job with the email promotions.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:22 AM

2,820 posts, read 4,913,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
This lack of promotion is what annoys me about Charlotte. Charlotte appears to want to live in a state of depression when it comes to the vibrant get out and have fun urban life. The Epicenter Live After Five last Thursday was another example. DEAD!
I wish Charlotte was a destination venue like San Diego..The video that I posted in a earlier post about the Jazz Festival In SD....Well I was there..and it just like the video stated...great atmosphere...laid back, great music, good times...... It was truly awesome....We could take notes from San Diego regarding city festivals......Turnout was incredible.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:28 AM

2,742 posts, read 5,984,243 times
I want all the readers of this forum to note the comments by mrdkb and westcoastbabe. Neither one of them attended this event, so how would they know what the turnout was like? Why would they attempt to say the turnout was bad, when they have no idea? It’s obvious they both have an agenda, and you can see it in all their posts in this forum. Regarding the Jazz event, it was heavily advertised on the two urban contemporary radio stations here, especially in the mornings during shows like Tom Joyner and Steve Harvey, But mrdkb wouldn’t know that because he doesn’t live here. And as the pictures below show, it was very well attended.

Old 06-28-2010, 07:40 AM

2,820 posts, read 4,913,118 times
That is not our intention at all.......You have your opinion and we have ours....I really get ticked at other posters for calling other posters out when they disagree with other posters..whether the comments be positive or negative.....This is a forum...and I do believe everyone should have the right to freedom of speech...If I disagree with you...I for one and not going to "BASH your post because i disagree with you...so please respect...dont bash ours...

Old 06-28-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
That is not our intention at all.......You have your opinion and we have ours....I really get ticked at other posters for calling other posters out when they disagree with other posters..whether the comments be positive or negative.....This is a forum...and I do believe everyone should have the right to freedom of speech...If I disagree with you...I for one and not going to "BASH your post because i disagree with you...so please respect...dont bash ours...
Saying the Charlotte Jazz festival had a terrible turnout, was poorly promoted, etc. when you didn’t even attend the event, is not giving us your opinion. It’s pushing your agenda. Not only did neither of you attend the event, you obviously didn’t know anyone who did go. What other conclusion are we to draw from your comments?
__

Old 06-28-2010, 08:36 AM

And BTW, they had a television commercial for this thing. I saw it several times, I'd see it during the news, during syndicated programming, etc. Again, folks can see the agenda of mrdkb and westcoastbabe, and draw their own conclusions.

Charlotte Jazz Festival Television Commercial

YouTube - Uptown Charlotte Jazz Fest Promotional Video

Old 06-28-2010, 09:02 AM

8,723 posts, read 7,925,436 times
FWIW, I posted the details of how to buy tickets for this show in another thread where one poster was on about the lack of smooth jazz in CLT.

Perhaps it's simply more fun to complain about something?

Old 06-28-2010, 11:34 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,686,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
I want all the readers of this forum to note the comments by mrdkb and westcoastbabe. Neither one of them attended this event, so how would they know what the turnout was like? Why would they attempt to say the turnout was bad, when they have no idea? It’s obvious they both have an agenda, and you can see it in all their posts in this forum. Regarding the Jazz event, it was heavily advertised on the two urban contemporary radio stations here, especially in the mornings during shows like Tom Joyner and Steve Harvey, But mrdkb wouldn’t know that because he doesn’t live here. And as the pictures below show, it was very well attended.

Thank you Carolina Blue for posting those pictures from the Uptown JazzFest. I've been wondering how everything turned out. I was in Charlotte on Friday and I found out about it from reading the Creative Loafing newspaper and hearing people talking about it while I was hanging out downtown. I would've loved to have made the trip back down to attend myself, but I had to work on Saturday. It's good to know that the turnout was good and that it seemed to have gotten a lot of support. One last thing, I just got thru reading the Atlanta versus Charlotte thread, I wish people would stop trying to make Charlotte seem like it's some bumpkin town b/c it is far from it. I know that it may be smaller than other places and may lack the # of amenities compared to Atlanta, but I think Charlotte is doing quite well with what it has and it will get better as it continues to grow and fill out!

Old 06-28-2010, 11:36 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,686,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
FWIW, I posted the details of how to buy tickets for this show in another thread where one poster was on about the lack of smooth jazz in CLT.

Perhaps it's simply more fun to complain about something?
You know, I think you are so right on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte