U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-27-2010, 09:09 AM
 
345 posts, read 722,591 times
Reputation: 121

Advertisements

We want to go for a one or two day trip with in 2-4 hours driving distance from Charlotte. Any suggestions?

Asheville is in our list, anything else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-27-2010, 02:06 PM
 
Location: Waxhaw, NC
1,076 posts, read 1,994,541 times
Reputation: 1100
chimney rock? They have a campground if your into that type of thing, and hiking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 07:58 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,319,180 times
Reputation: 39846
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkn006 View Post
We want to go for a one or two day trip with in 2-4 hours driving distance from Charlotte. Any suggestions?

Asheville is in our list, anything else?
Charleston should be on your short list for any weekend getaway! But if the heat and 4th of July crowds concern you, I think Asheville is a good idea

As suggested above, also consider Lake Lure. You could hike Chimney Rock (which is really fun) and take a boat ride on the lake before having a romantic meal overlooking the water.
http://www.larkinsonthelake.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 08:02 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,878 posts, read 27,145,371 times
Reputation: 8943
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkn006 View Post
We want to go for a one or two day trip with in 2-4 hours driving distance from Charlotte. Any suggestions?

Asheville is in our list, anything else?
What do you like to do & what are your interests? History? Hiking? Rock collecting? Shopping?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2010, 07:07 PM
 
345 posts, read 722,591 times
Reputation: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
What do you like to do & what are your interests? History? Hiking? Rock collecting? Shopping?
>> Usually we like scenic places, lakes, and places with some fun and activities. We generally go to Smoky mountains and stay near Pigeon Forge where there is lot of activities. But this time my wife is recuperating from a surgery, so I want to go somewhere where we can relax a bit and enjoy long weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2010, 07:40 PM
 
Location: Lakeside. Of course.
532 posts, read 1,566,165 times
Reputation: 1245
Charleston and Isle of Palms get my vote!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2010, 08:01 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,878 posts, read 27,145,371 times
Reputation: 8943
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkn006 View Post
>> Usually we like scenic places, lakes, and places with some fun and activities. We generally go to Smoky mountains and stay near Pigeon Forge where there is lot of activities. But this time my wife is recuperating from a surgery, so I want to go somewhere where we can relax a bit and enjoy long weekend.
Well. . . how about going out (route of your choice) to the Blue Ridge Parkway & drive north & go to Thomas Jefferson's house, Monticello. Thomas Jefferson's Monticello . Charlottesville is nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2010, 08:26 PM
 
345 posts, read 722,591 times
Reputation: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Well. . . how about going out (route of your choice) to the Blue Ridge Parkway & drive north & go to Thomas Jefferson's house, Monticello. Thomas Jefferson's Monticello . Charlottesville is nice.

That's good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2010, 08:28 PM
 
345 posts, read 722,591 times
Reputation: 121
Well..here you go..my cousin is coming over, bachelor, now our trip is off.. or is it on, is there any place we still can go, me, my wife, and her brother :|
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2010, 08:30 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,878 posts, read 27,145,371 times
Reputation: 8943
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkn006 View Post
Well..here you go..my cousin is coming over, bachelor, now our trip is off.. or is it on, is there any place we still can go, me, my wife, and her brother :|
Just drag him along to Monticello.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:09 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top