Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2007, 06:26 AM

2 posts, read 3,601 times

Advertisements

I have seen some postings regarding relocating to Charlotte, but most seem to be about renting places. I am looking for some advice on buying a home. My wife and I will both be working in the downtown area and are coming from Chicago (so used to the longer commute times). We are in our late 20's with no kids so are looking for more social type activities (restaurants, etc). We originally were looking in the Huntersville area for new construction, but it appears to be more for families. The only other area I know if is South Park, but I would like to be able to keep a purchase under 400k so that prices South Park out of my budget. Can anyone offer some advice on other areas? I would like to stay near the city so that we can explore some of what the city has to offer. Thank you for all your help in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 07:48 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,168,572 times
Did you only want new construction? If so, may be difficult to find that close in to the city. Not sure what you are looking for in terms of square footage, but I would consider Elizabeth, Dilworth and perhaps Plaza-Midwood. Best of luck

Old 06-20-2007, 07:55 AM

70 posts, read 350,274 times
maybe you should look in the university area that way you can stay out of the "stuffy" area of charlotte.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:56 AM

192 posts, read 687,353 times
I'd also recommend Baxter in Ft Mill and the Ballantyne area of So. Charlotte.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:59 AM

2 posts, read 3,601 times
Thanks for the input, new construction is not necessarily a must... Also, our house is 2150sq ft so I would like to at least stay in the range or a bit bigger.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:41 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,168,572 times
South end may work too. Tough to find newer construction with with that square footage at that price point close to town, but there may be some renovated homes that would work. You would likely need to jump on something that comes onto the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: