U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 07:26 PM

3 posts, read 5,054 times

Advertisements

My son, who is 18 yrs old, was ticketed for speeding 64 in a 45. Went to court already, got a continuance, and the DA said he would drop it to 55 in a 45. I am under the impression that if it is more than 9 mph over, it will cause the ins. rates to go up. I don't know if getting a lawyer to drop it to improper equipment is worth it, if the ins. isn't going to go up.

Court date is a little less than 2 weeks, so I still have time to talk w/a lawyer. Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 07:59 PM

7,185 posts, read 11,231,296 times
This is a good read about insurance in NC: http://www.ncdoi.com/consumer/consumer_publications/automobile%20and%20vehicle/consumer%20guide%20to%20automobile%20insurance.pdf (broken link)

Hopefully it helps answer some questions for you.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:53 PM

3 posts, read 5,054 times
great, thanks alot!

Old 06-25-2011, 07:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,674 times
Anyone have any suggestions about getting ticketed for going 96mph in a 65mph zone on 85 in Rowan County? I really do not think I was going that fast.

I know I need to get a lawyer but I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this type of speed or any encounters in this County.

Thank you.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:49 AM

398 posts, read 759,108 times
I have. I got a very similar ticket. I hired a lawyer, paid about $300 and never once went to court. They got my a PJC and that was it.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,553 times
Who was the lawyer, what was his or her name?

Old 08-10-2011, 04:46 PM

279 posts, read 791,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello6543 View Post
Who was the lawyer, what was his or her name?
If you need an attorney in Rowan or Cabarrus county call Todd Williford at 704-932-4144

Old 01-20-2012, 05:14 PM

3 posts, read 2,460 times
89mph in 50mph zone in mecklenburg county. wasn't racing or speeding to just speed. there was another vehicle involved that had been harrassing me for miles. coming into my lane purposely forcing me into oncoming traffic. bug washing me and slamming on brakes in front of me and he had 3 kids in the back waving and laughing each time. to them it may have been funny but it scared me. they finally got stopped by a stop light so i continued driving. then in my rear view mirror i saw a vehicle speeding up on me quick. sure enough it was that car. i have no idea what their intentions were but they were going really fast so i sped up because i panicked, i sped up because there were cars in the lane next to me so i sped up quickly to get in front of those cars and AWAY from the car speeding up behind me.. sure enough right as i did that..there went the blue lights.. i thought he was going to get the other car because he saw what happened..nope he got me. i was so shaken up and freaking out i could barely locate my license and registration. i was crying and was asking if he saw what happened.. he didn't care, he just gave me a speeding ticket and reckless driving. i understand i should have handled it differently but, i panicked and wanted away from a car that was slowing down when i did and kept going from in front of me to behind me repeatedly. i'm scared that I am going to lose my license. i am hiring a lawyer next week, but I am still scared about it right now because I don't want to lose my license over a stupid mistake on my behalf.
anyone have any advice on it?
been through this?
39 mph over, i'm pretty much scared to death im gonna lose my license..
i wouldn't blame them because i DID go that speed, but the reason behind it had my judgment impaired.

anyone have any advice or anything to add?

Old 01-20-2012, 05:22 PM

467 posts, read 863,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wht2do2012 View Post
89mph in 50mph zone in mecklenburg county. wasn't racing or speeding to just speed. there was another vehicle involved that had been harrassing me for miles. coming into my lane purposely forcing me into oncoming traffic. bug washing me and slamming on brakes in front of me and he had 3 kids in the back waving and laughing each time. to them it may have been funny but it scared me. they finally got stopped by a stop light so i continued driving. then in my rear view mirror i saw a vehicle speeding up on me quick. sure enough it was that car. i have no idea what their intentions were but they were going really fast so i sped up because i panicked, i sped up because there were cars in the lane next to me so i sped up quickly to get in front of those cars and AWAY from the car speeding up behind me.. sure enough right as i did that..there went the blue lights.. i thought he was going to get the other car because he saw what happened..nope he got me. i was so shaken up and freaking out i could barely locate my license and registration. i was crying and was asking if he saw what happened.. he didn't care, he just gave me a speeding ticket and reckless driving. i understand i should have handled it differently but, i panicked and wanted away from a car that was slowing down when i did and kept going from in front of me to behind me repeatedly. i'm scared that I am going to lose my license. i am hiring a lawyer next week, but I am still scared about it right now because I don't want to lose my license over a stupid mistake on my behalf.
anyone have any advice on it?
been through this?
39 mph over, i'm pretty much scared to death im gonna lose my license..
i wouldn't blame them because i DID go that speed, but the reason behind it had my judgment impaired.

anyone have any advice or anything to add?

Reminds me of what happened on I-40 in urban Raleigh where some lunatic cut me off on an onramp and I beeped back. He then proceeded to engage me in a high-speed chase that ultimately reached speeds of 100 mph and needed to because he had a SHOTGUN AIMED OUT HIS DRIVER'S SIDE WINDOW. For better or worse the cops weren't around, but ever since that day I don't engage or instigate anything, even with a horn. I'll be a wuss if that's what it takes to preserve my life.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:08 PM

373 posts, read 523,691 times
Because of the serious nature of your tickets you will need an attorney for this one. With a good driving record and your explanation I have no doubt that the tickets can be reduced if not droped all together. Have you had any other tickets in the past 5 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte