Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2010, 09:46 AM

53 posts, read 202,856 times

Advertisements

Daughter getting married next year and we are looking at Rennaissance Hotel in SouthPark for Reception. Anyone here good or bad?

Any reccomendations for a DJ and a Photographer

On average what does a DJ cost for 4 hr wedding

On average what does a photographer cost

All new to me

Thanks and I really need your help, tough planning a wedding from New Jersey for a Charlotte Wedding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 10:31 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
I recommend checking out Wedding Dresses - Wedding Engagement - Wedding Ideas - Wedding Planning - By TheKnot.com. They have boards dedicated to certain cities. Some people here may be able to help but The Knot is a much more specialized board so you will get more responses. My wife used it extensively when she planned ours, which was also far away from where we lived.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:17 AM

53 posts, read 202,856 times
Default Wedding Response

Thank you very much for the help.

I never knew how expensive Weddings have become, prices are unbelievable.

No retirement for me for awhile

Old 07-01-2010, 12:34 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,369,119 times
I recently went to a Bat Mitzvah at the Renaissance in SouthPark. It was okay but that hotel could use an update. It's a little 80's looking. I think you could find something less expensive and more original.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:07 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,136,021 times
Weddings are so expensive! I don't know if alternative days or times are an option for you, but I had my wedding at 11:30 on a Saturday. I was able to negotiate fantastic deals out of all of our vendors, including the reception venue, because they were able to go on and service another wedding that evening. We also saved money on food since we served lunch rather than dinner, and we didn't need a bar.

Our guests all loved the fact that it was during the day, and my husband and I were able to enjoy a quiet evening together and alone. Though I understand it's not an option for everyone, I would do it this way again in a heartbeat!

Other than all of that, my one major piece of advice is do your homework on photographers and do not skimp! Wedding pictures are such a treasured piece of family history, and they are worth spending on in order to get the best service and photographs.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:06 PM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,905,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
I recently went to a Bat Mitzvah at the Renaissance in SouthPark. It was okay but that hotel could use an update. It's a little 80's looking. I think you could find something less expensive and more original.
I know someone who works there and heard they're renovating this summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: