Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2011, 06:01 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,283,509 times

Advertisements

Congrats to Charlotte, you guys are gonna do a GREAT job as host!

Man...Cleveland can't ever seem to win anything...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 07:05 PM

550 posts, read 1,355,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
Congrats to Charlotte, you guys are gonna do a GREAT job as host!

Man...Cleveland can't ever seem to win anything...
I blame it on LEBRON JAMES lol.

I just hope the city doesn't try to over-market us as something we are not.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:52 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,303,190 times
Great news for Charlotte. I think getting the DNC will have residual effects up until then to "beautify" the city for the event.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:50 PM

171 posts, read 357,451 times
I've read that when the DNC comes to town, everyone is overworked to handle the load, the Dems trash the place for the most part, the tipping is lousy but the expectations are high, and overall, everyone after the fact hates having had the ingrates in their city.

Wait and see.

I've heard that the GOP convention is totally the opposite.

Its sort of like, when Glenn Beck held his rally, the area where the rally was held was clean when the people went home. After the Jon Stewart rally, the place was trashed with litter everywhere. And Glenn Beck had some 500,000 people at his rally, and Jon Stewart was only able to summon up about 12,000.

Oh, I have also read that when the DNC comes to town, the prostitutes, male and female, have their best month ever. But when the GOP is in town, they get very little business.

DIG!

Old 02-01-2011, 09:59 PM

749 posts, read 1,316,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggums View Post
I've read that when the DNC comes to town, everyone is overworked to handle the load, the Dems trash the place for the most part, the tipping is lousy but the expectations are high, and overall, everyone after the fact hates having had the ingrates in their city.

Wait and see.

I've heard that the GOP convention is totally the opposite.

Its sort of like, when Glenn Beck held his rally, the area where the rally was held was clean when the people went home. After the Jon Stewart rally, the place was trashed with litter everywhere. And Glenn Beck had some 500,000 people at his rally, and Jon Stewart was only able to summon up about 12,000.

Oh, I have also read that when the DNC comes to town, the prostitutes, male and female, have their best month ever. But when the GOP is in town, they get very little business.

DIG!
Don't believe everything you read or "hear"......that last part is especially ironic.

Last edited by carolinablue; 02-01-2011 at 10:01 PM.. Reason: Misquote

Old 02-01-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue View Post
Don't believe everything you read or "hear"......that last part is especially ironic.
If the AP reports such about their beloved Dems, then you know its true.

- DIG!

Old 02-01-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
If the AP reports such about their beloved Dems, then you know its true.

- DIG!
Where at these reports?

Old 02-01-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Where at these reports?
They were articles that came out after the last DNC and the rallies I spoke of. Do your own homework, I'm drinking scotch and finding AP articles to prove something to a stranger is something that I'd rather not engage in.

But seek and you will find.

- DIG!

Old 02-01-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
They were articles that came out after the last DNC and the rallies I spoke of. Do your own homework, I'm drinking scotch and finding AP articles to prove something to a stranger is something that I'd rather not engage in.

But seek and you will find.

- DIG!
Ooooooh, I see. Really though, I'm in bed on my iPhone doing this so that's hard to do atthe moment.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Ooooooh, I see. Really though, I'm in bed on my iPhone doing this so that's hard to do atthe moment.
No sweat. You can dig up the dirt later if you feel like it. Really, this is more of a negative than a positive for Charlotte, as far as I can tell.

- DIG!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte