U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2010, 12:32 PM

6 posts, read 11,059 times

Advertisements

I have lived here for 3 years and have yet to find a simple sub shop, not like subway or firehouse subs, something like a deli. I miss chicken finger subs from Buffalo!!! Anyone have suggestions around Monroe area or surrounding?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 01:39 PM

21,888 posts, read 27,162,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbossert1 View Post
I have lived here for 3 years and have yet to find a simple sub shop, not like subway or firehouse subs, something like a deli. I miss chicken finger subs from Buffalo!!! Anyone have suggestions around Monroe area or surrounding?
Well, this isn't exactly what you are looking for & is anything but convenient, but if you are going to Lake Lure, sometime, you might want to stop at this place in Shelby. It's steak sandwiches & hoagies, only (well, fries, too) It's a typical Philadelphia/South Jersey hole in the wall shop, transplanted to Shelby, of all places.

The place was packed when I went in, & judging by the accents it was all natives. A (native) friend & I split it & he declared it to be the best sandwich that he'd had in his entire life.

The Steak 'n Hoagie Shop - Home

Hopefully, someone will come up with what you really want, closer to you than this is.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:30 PM

239 posts, read 765,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Well, this isn't exactly what you are looking for & is anything but convenient, but if you are going to Lake Lure, sometime, you might want to stop at this place in Shelby. It's steak sandwiches & hoagies, only (well, fries, too) It's a typical Philadelphia/South Jersey hole in the wall shop, transplanted to Shelby, of all places.

The place was packed when I went in, & judging by the accents it was all natives. A (native) friend & I split it & he declared it to be the best sandwich that he'd had in his entire life.

The Steak 'n Hoagie Shop - Home

Hopefully, someone will come up with what you really want, closer to you than this is.
Steak 'n Hoagie is also in Charlotte. Steak 'n Hoagie Shop - Charlotte, North Carolina Cheesesteaks

Old 07-04-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witton View Post
I saw that there are 3 in Charlotte by the same name.

Check the menus. They aren't the same.

I have no knowledge if it's the same company or not. The one in Shelby is on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shelby...p/114517266007

Old 07-04-2010, 05:00 PM

539 posts, read 1,311,639 times
Juke box deli and pub on the corner of 74 and Indian Trail/Unionville Rd in Indian Trail right across from the Lowes.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:02 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,084,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I saw that there are 3 in Charlotte by the same name.

Check the menus. They aren't the same.

I have no knowledge if it's the same company or not. The one in Shelby is on Facebook. The Steak 'n Hoagie Shop | Facebook
I've been to the one at Independence and Sharon Amity and it is good. I also like Lenny's. The slice the meat when you order the hoagie and I have always liked it. They don't have Whiz for their cheesesteaks, though.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I've been to the one at Independence and Sharon Amity and it is good. I also like Lenny's. The slice the meat when you order the hoagie and I have always liked it. They don't have Whiz for their cheesesteaks, though.
No Whiz in Shelby either. To be honest, I prefer swiss or provolone. They slice the meat & cheese to order in Shelby, too. The bread isn't Amoroso's but they bake it fresh every day, so it's acceptable.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:33 PM

445 posts, read 1,021,986 times
Township Grille in Matthews is a bar and grill restaurant, but they have lots of subs. The owners are from Buffalo, I think. You might like it. (They have a great beef on wek)

Old 07-07-2010, 04:16 PM

6 posts, read 11,059 times
I will have to check this out, Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte