Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 01:41 PM

2 posts, read 8,439 times

Advertisements

Anyone living there? Like it, the builders, etc? Will there be a pool/clubhouse,etc and are there many young kids? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 02:46 PM

825 posts, read 2,820,114 times
Previous threads about that development that may be of use to you.

shooting range in Union county

Anklin Forest In Waxhaw/Union County??

Old 09-18-2007, 02:50 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
its right near the shooting range...

Old 09-20-2007, 12:44 PM

62 posts, read 298,224 times
most of the prices for just the lots are $100,000. i don't believe any of them are more than or just close to a half an acre. there will be a pool and clubhouse.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:51 AM

42 posts, read 129,982 times
You must travel down a road with many older small ranch homes to get to the community.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:38 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdefelice View Post
Anyone living there? Like it, the builders, etc? Will there be a pool/clubhouse,etc and are there many young kids? Thanks!
Anklin Forrest is a Williams Company subdivision, Greg is the builder/developer. He builds true custom all brick homes - meaning you pick what ya want. Move a wall stretch out this, take out the stairs, if it will fit on the lot - he can build it. His quality is exceptional. Anklin will have a junior Olympic pool and clubhouse. I can send you plans he builds (if you wish) and you can make changes and modifications or you can bring your own plan (as long at it isn't trademarked) There are new schools in the area, visit on Saturday to see if you would be bothered by the range. Safety; however, is a non-issue. Lots range just under half an acre and the trees are Beautiful (Greg refuses to strip the trees out of a neighborhood)

moreinfo? (http://www.walidmrealtor.com/contact.asp - broken link)

Old 09-21-2007, 06:41 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,169,531 times
I believe James custom homes is in there as well.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:58 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
I believe James custom homes is in there as well.
James Custom Homes has lots on the left side as you come in, and down the first culdesac on the right. James builds nice homes; however, he has plans, (I believe 8 or so) where-as the Williams-company can build any plan so long as it will fit on the lot, and make any amount of changes, i.e. walls, stairs etc. The developer can choose to sell a limited number of lots to another builder. There's around 179 home sites and the Williams-company are building the majority. (all plans must be approved by builder)

Old 12-17-2007, 09:08 PM

2 posts, read 11,005 times
Thumbs up No Smell, gun shots minimal in front

Currently live in Anklin Forrest, since October 06. I can only recall smelling the sewage plant once in the past year. The gun shots are louder in the back, they don't disrupt us at all in the front of the neighborhood. Hopefully they shut down the range eventually, doesn't make sense to have a shooting range centered in a bunch of neighborhoods with kids everywhere.

Anklin is primarily young families and I must admit that what the Williams Company does to maintain trees is admirable. All these track builders that wipe out the whole lot and sell the lumber, not very eco-friendly to bulldoze every tree.
Customization at Williams Company was nice, they allow pretty much everything but it's not cheap to do and they won't tell you what to customize, you have to ask. Luckily my wife is an interior designer (www.tiffaniemichelle.com). Email with any questions. We have block parties quarterly, lots of families, holiday parties. We love it here.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:11 AM

12 posts, read 34,785 times
Looking at Anklin and The Chimneys of Marvin. Does anyone know which would be the better choice "location wise"? And which one has a better elementary school?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: