U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 01:40 AM

61 posts, read 220,251 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,
There is much information on House Owners and Home Builders within the subs, however, have not noticed any threads or posts from present residing or future owners of condominiums completed or under construction in Uptown. Would anyone be kind to share their opinions on their experiences on any stage of their acquistion? If settled, are you satisfied and enjoy your new home and surroundings?
Arigatou!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 05:17 PM

Wow!
I can't believe I am answering my own thread. Maybe this is not the blog I should belong to!

Old 06-22-2007, 08:58 AM

523 posts, read 2,606,011 times
I was looking in Uptown and the surrounding areas until just a few weeks ago, too, and I found that I didn't get a lot of responses to my questions on this site, either! Most people on here live in the suburbs. I looked at several condos in Uptown but I was more interested in townhouses so I probably can't be all that helpful. There are so many condo complexes up and going up in the Uptown area that I know it's hard to choose! I found that they tend to be very expensive and the condo fees were stupidly high, though, so I decided to buy a townhouse in South End which was a much better value for the money and gave me WAY more space.

My recommendation is to find a realtor who specializes in Uptown and who has helped many buyers find places there. There are a lot of realtors out there who claim to know Uptown and think they are knowledgeable about the new developments but I found that I was more in the know than them and I just moved here!

Old 06-22-2007, 09:49 AM

68 posts, read 217,705 times
There are a ton of condo developments in the contstruction process right now. I agree with Anu that you should consult a Realtor. They are always happy to offer pertinent free advice, especially since they want you as a client. As a buyer, you do not pay their commission. If you find that the uptown market is too expensive but intend to be within a few miles of uptown, I would look in South End, Elizabeth, Plaza Midwood, and Wesley Heights. There are many townhomes/ condos goin up in these areas too that offer an affordable alternative to uptown while still maintaining the character and proximity of the center city.

I hope this helps!

Old 06-23-2007, 01:27 AM

Thanks for the heads up! I did buy a condo in First Ward, however, am searching for some feed back from those new condo owners who are established in their new homes.
Everyone is correct, this blog is for the subs. I believe the residents in Uptown are primarily empty nesters and career motivated singles/couples. Can anyone suggest an Uptown Blog (if it exists)?

Obrigado for your infos!

Old 06-26-2007, 10:37 AM

677 posts, read 2,013,511 times
I just bought a condo in 4th ward and couldn't be happier.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:41 PM

10 posts, read 47,072 times
Any problems with resale? I've been hearing rumors of problems. Not to mention personal stories of friends (one has 3 on the market she is trying to unload). Seems like it's flooded with new construction and once the young professionals that are buying up these units decide to move on with their jobs in other cities, they can't sell.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:53 AM

42 posts, read 117,597 times
I think the market up there will be flooded soon with all the new condo constructions (Realtor-personal opinion.) I love to sell at 5th & Poplar. It's beautiful with all the amenities.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:10 PM

2 posts, read 6,614 times
. The market Uptown is decent, but I do not suggest trying to flip units what so ever. My personal opinion is that is what messes the market up! Uptown is a great long term investment as with most other real estate investments.
The Trademark high rise is the third to be completed. The first was Courtside and the second was 230 South Tryon and both of these complexes had many single investors trying to flip the units. The next building for scheduled completion will be The Avenue towards the end of the year.
Currently there is about $3 billion worth of residential construction going on and the Uptown Charlotte market was recently the best place for office condos with under a 5% vacancy rate. Currently there are about 40,000 employees Uptown with that number growing daily. As more residents move Uptown the more retail will come. As of now it seems very dead on the weekends because there is not much shopping to do.
5th & Poplar is a very nice complex and is attached to the Harris Teeter. There is one other grocery store Uptown (Reid's in 1st Ward). 5th & Poplar really has all the amenities a condo homeowner is looking for and has a great mixture of homeowners.
As a Realtor I believe that many of us have a lot of information to provide.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-04-2007 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: advertising

Old 10-17-2007, 10:29 PM

247 posts, read 760,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theburnsteam View Post
I think the market up there will be flooded soon with all the new condo constructions (Realtor-personal opinion.) I love to sell at 5th & Poplar. It's beautiful with all the amenities.
5th & poplar is a great project....however with the new HIGH_RISE units under construction many garden style mid-rise units will feel the pinch because the high -rise appeals more to the upscale buyers who are not as affected by the mortgage crunch and changing interest rates. When 5th & Poplar was built most of the high-rise buildings were in the planing stage. I have several clients in 5th that are trying to unload to get into the high-rises. FYI When the Vue is completed (They broke ground this month) any residents of 5th & poplar who have a mountain view, will be looking at the Vue's parking garage. The garage at the view will be higher than the roof at 5th & poplar. and its directly in front on pine Street. I really do not think the market will be flooded (not a personal opinion but based on the uptown population projections by the Chamber of Commerce and no. units in planning or under permit). Many of the new high rises are keeping the investors at bay by requiring them to close on the unit and hold them for an additional year after closing before putting them back on the market. I purchased 2 units at the vue, one for a corporate rental and one for personal use. At all the investor-owner meetings I attended owners out numbered investors 30-1, and they are 65% sold out with a comnpletion date of spring 2010. The jury is still out on this one but I think Perry Mason is on my side
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte