Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:10 AM

187 posts, read 491,801 times

Advertisements

I will spend some time on realtor.com Thanks for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy4kids View Post
I will spend some time on realtor.com Thanks for your input.
It will all make more sense to you once you're able to visit

What is your price range for a home?

Old 07-07-2010, 10:32 AM

509 posts, read 1,802,824 times
For walking to school, biking to coffeeshops, I suggest you check out Davidson, which is between Huntersville and Mooresville.

I personally prefer Huntersville over Mooresville. For walking to school, check out Rosedale Village. HOWEVER, if you plan to stay through high school, you really want to be on the other side of town - Huntersville Elementary / Bailey Middle / Hough High. Monteith Park is one neighborhood in that school zone.

Check school assignments carefully - as PP have said, many people try to avoid North Meck High.

From Huntersville to uptown is between 20 and 30 minutes, depending on where you live. Tack on another 15-20 for Mooresville - uptown.

You might also want to look at Cornelius, which is between Huntersville and Davidson.

Of course, your price point will dictate a lot of your search!

Old 07-07-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlTravels View Post
For walking to school, biking to coffeeshops, I suggest you check out Davidson, which is between Huntersville and Mooresville.

I personally prefer Huntersville over Mooresville. For walking to school, check out Rosedale Village. HOWEVER, if you plan to stay through high school, you really want to be on the other side of town - Huntersville Elementary / Bailey Middle / Hough High. Monteith Park is one neighborhood in that school zone.

Check school assignments carefully - as PP have said, many people try to avoid North Meck High.

From Huntersville to uptown is between 20 and 30 minutes, depending on where you live. Tack on another 15-20 for Mooresville - uptown.

You might also want to look at Cornelius, which is between Huntersville and Davidson.

Of course, your price point will dictate a lot of your search!

I like the style of the homes in Monteith Park, just not how close together they tend to be

But it is a great neighborhood, a "Master-planned community w/acres of parks, walking trails & open space. Lg clubhouse w/junior olympic size swimming pool, waterslide, children's wading pool & playground"

So the kids there are going to the new Hough High? That's great for property values!

Old 07-07-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
So the kids there are going to the new Hough High? That's great for property values!
Yes, we are very pleased about that! (unless CMS changes the placements, which could happen, of course).

I agree on the houses being too close together, and I live there! But we got a rare lot with a decent backyard and we face the greenway, so we don't feel as closed in. And there are a ton of kids in the neighborhood, so it's good for families.

There are other great neighborhoods from Huntersville to Mooresville, but without a price point it's hard to give recommendations.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlTravels View Post
Yes, we are very pleased about that! (unless CMS changes the placements, which could happen, of course).

I agree on the houses being too close together, and I live there! But we got a rare lot with a decent backyard and we face the greenway, so we don't feel as closed in. And there are a ton of kids in the neighborhood, so it's good for families.

There are other great neighborhoods from Huntersville to Mooresville, but without a price point it's hard to give recommendations.

Yes, I agree - was hoping she'd come back and give us her price point so we could make more specific recommendations!

So, since you live in Monteith, tell us about the pools and greenway - are they nice?

Old 07-07-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

So, since you live in Monteith, tell us about the pools and greenway - are they nice?
The greenway is great. The pool is good - my only complaint is that it's not great for smaller children - I wish they had put in one of those zero entry / beach-style pools that gets gradually deeper, if you know what I mean. The kiddie pool at Monteith is tiny and freezing, so the young kids tend to congregate on the steps of the big pool, or float around with their parents. Which I am fine with - as we float around with our three young kids - but I think the kids would have more fun in a more kid-friendly pool. I wonder sometimes if the planners of Monteith did not realize how many young babies and kids would be in the neighborhood!

Old 07-07-2010, 11:04 AM

We are hoping to stay at 500K. Is this possible in the area you are speaking of?

Old 07-07-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemy4kids View Post
We are hoping to stay at 500K. Is this possible in the area you are speaking of?
LOLOLOLOL, omygosh, no need to spend THAT much!!! You can get a great house in the $300's in Charlotte

Old 07-07-2010, 11:08 AM

So Monteith Park is at the south end of Huntersville? Someone wrote that the good schools are on the north end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte