Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 07:41 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,550,657 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone!

We are so happy to be in the south. It was the first time ever we were in this beautiful part of the country. The Blue Ridge Mountains and the scenery were breathtaking! And, when we finally saw Norman Lake, it was as beautiful as we pictured it!! It was so nice to see that so many people here have so much pride. I hardly saw any garbage on the interstate.

To I Loves Mountains, AuntiAn, and Kchenette, you all extended a hand when it was needed and it is much appreciated. I felt welcome right away! Thank you.

I am blessed that we found a house that meets our needs. Very very hard work and stressful!

Here is what I did. When we were not looking at houses I was researching constantly. I spoke to people in the neighborhood. I also spoke to businesses and people that were local.

We drove back by houses at all times during the day. I also drove around the neighborhoods.

I did get some real bad Karma in a couple of the houses. 2 to be exact! When that happened, we left.

I drove around and spoke to personnel in schools.

My husband thinks I am crazy. I actually spent a half an hour in the Cornelius Police Station to find out how things are here and where to stay away from.

No place is ever perfect, but the extra time and research hopefully pays off in making the right choice for everyone's family.

Resturants and people here are awesome!!!! I have not had a bad meal here yet.

It was so much different than reading things on city data, experiencing it for yourself. Buying a house is a major emotional investment. I even went online and pull off the information about the subdivision, etc.

Lastly, I checked the sex offenders list for the areas I was interested in and checked all the school stats before I came down.

No place is perfect, but this felt like home the minuted I got down here!

Thank you for all your help and do not get discouraged!! Get place for anyone to settle down here!

BlueD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 08:07 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,451,043 times
Congratulations and welcome home

Old 07-08-2010, 11:01 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Hello Everyone!

We are so happy to be in the south. It was the first time ever we were in this beautiful part of the country. The Blue Ridge Mountains and the scenery were breathtaking! And, when we finally saw Norman Lake, it was as beautiful as we pictured it!! It was so nice to see that so many people here have so much pride. I hardly saw any garbage on the interstate.

To I Loves Mountains, AuntiAn, and Kchenette, you all extended a hand when it was needed and it is much appreciated. I felt welcome right away! Thank you.

I am blessed that we found a house that meets our needs. Very very hard work and stressful!

Here is what I did. When we were not looking at houses I was researching constantly. I spoke to people in the neighborhood. I also spoke to businesses and people that were local.

We drove back by houses at all times during the day. I also drove around the neighborhoods.

I did get some real bad Karma in a couple of the houses. 2 to be exact! When that happened, we left.

My husband thinks I am crazy. I actually spent a half an hour in the Cornelius Police Station to find out how things are here and where to stay away from.

No place is ever perfect, but the extra time and research hopefully pays off in making the right choice for everyone's family.

It was so much different than reading things on city data, experiencing it for yourself. Buying a house is a major emotional investment. I even went online and pull off the information about the subdivision, etc.

Lastly, I checked the sex offenders list for the areas I was interested in and checked all the school stats before I came down.

Thank you for all your help and do not get discouraged!! Get place for anyone to settle down here!

BlueD

WOW BlueD, you work fast!! Congrats on finding a place and working so hard to make this your new home

Glad anything I said or did was helpful to you!

Old 07-09-2010, 06:36 AM

604 posts, read 1,306,853 times
I though you were taking about the show....

Old 07-09-2010, 08:31 AM

554 posts, read 1,507,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Roe View Post
I though you were taking about the show....
me too! i was hoping there was going to be a show with someone looking here in Charlotte!

Old 07-09-2010, 09:17 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,377,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Hello Everyone!

BlueD
Hi BlueD,

I was just responding to all my DM's, including the one from you...didn't see this post first.

You're not crazy at all...we did exactly the same thing you did when we were looking too. We stopped in all the town halls, PD's & toured schools before deciding on a location. We drove all over, looking at shopping areas, libraries, where's the Catholic church, etc... We must have looked at at least 50 subdivisions, homes before picking the one we live in now. Like you, the area felt like home, we were very comfortable here & knew this was where we wanted to move to & call home. We love it here!

Where did you decide on?

CONGRATS to you & your family! WELCOME to NC...WELCOME HOME!! ;-)

Old 07-09-2010, 12:20 PM

185 posts, read 422,621 times
Wow! You do work fast! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear the development you chose as well as where you experienced the bad Karma!!! I am assuming you picked Cornelius, and I seem to be leaning in that direction too as a focus. PM me when you get back and fill me in - you never know - we could end up in the same neighborhood someday!
Congrats!
Eileen
P.S. My Husband, like you, ALWAYS stops off at the local PD's - what drives ME crazy is he always has to bring in patches too from his PD!

Old 07-09-2010, 12:22 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,377,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eileen824 View Post
...P.S. My Husband, like you, ALWAYS stops off at the local PD's - what drives ME crazy is he always has to bring in patches too from his PD!
That's so funny...my DH does the same thing!! Then they wind up "talking shop" forever, lol!!!

Old 07-09-2010, 01:58 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,550,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
Congratulations and welcome home

Thank you NC Girl and Everyone!! Everyone is so welcoming down here, friendly, helpful.........it is a place like I always imagined!!

Old 07-09-2010, 04:06 PM

224 posts, read 458,007 times
Blue Diamond....
You're very welcome!! I am glad to have been able to help.
You did all the things I always advise my clients to do.
I KNEW you would love it here!!
All the best!
Kathy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: