U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-21-2007, 07:55 AM

12 posts, read 31,289 times
Question Highland Creek...High Shcool Aged Children

Hi -- I am relocating to Charlotte from Long Island and really like the Highland Creek Subdivision (I've been 2 visit 2x). Is there anyone living there or knows someone who lives there with children in High School? I have a son who is going into 10th grade. I'm confused because I hear there is a new school being built but is that for Mecklenburg or Cabarrus county? Any information is appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 08:07 AM

1,418 posts, read 4,798,514 times
The new HS is on the Charlotte side (Mallard Creek HS). If you're on the Concord side, I think it's in the NW Cabarrus HS district. But there's a new HS being planned for that area of Concord that'll open in a few years on Cox Mill Rd.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:39 AM

240 posts, read 702,329 times
Yes, I believe the school will start with 9th -11th graders the first year. Everyone in the HC neighborhood is very excited. We had Highland Creek Elementary open this year in the neighborhood and the parents are very involved.

The registration and open house was held at the elementary school. I know of many parents that pulled their kids out of private school to give the new Mallard Creek a try. The students had an option to stay at N. Meck. or go to the new school. I have met parents who children are staying at N. Meck (usually 11th graders who have an established set of friends). Many of the others are moving to the new school.

When are your plans to move? I can give you an update when the school opens if you are not moving this year.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:09 PM

12 posts, read 31,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonian View Post
Yes, I believe the school will start with 9th -11th graders the first year. Everyone in the HC neighborhood is very excited. We had Highland Creek Elementary open this year in the neighborhood and the parents are very involved.

The registration and open house was held at the elementary school. I know of many parents that pulled their kids out of private school to give the new Mallard Creek a try. The students had an option to stay at N. Meck. or go to the new school. I have met parents who children are staying at N. Meck (usually 11th graders who have an established set of friends). Many of the others are moving to the new school.

When are your plans to move? I can give you an update when the school opens if you are not moving this year.
Thanks, Are all Highland Creek residents zoned to go to the new school?

Old 06-21-2007, 01:17 PM

240 posts, read 702,329 times
only residents on the meck. county side
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte