Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 12:32 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,113,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
By the way, there is no money in the escrow account of the people that are buying my home. It was supposed to be delivered according to the contract by July 2nd and there were tons of excuses why this happened. Would any of you accept that fact that you have buyers for your home with no leverage??? The buyers have another home that is empty as a option in the same development.
In my mind, if an escrow check is not included in the offer for purchase, then it is not a valid offer by willing and able buyers. So are you saying you don't really have a contract on your house?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 12:32 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,116,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Should I have an issue with the OP for quoting me without attribution, or even a positive rep point?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/real-...see-issue.html
I just repped you for the quote.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:39 PM

622 posts, read 1,774,843 times
If the OP was my client I would have handled it differently.

I would have persuaded the Seller's agent to change the original sales price to 20K higher than the original listing. This way if an offer was made on the house during the contingency period, the seller would probably realize a higher offering price than the accepted contingency offer. In addition, the OP could brag about the highly discounted price that they were able to buy at. This way they are all happy!

ONLY KIDDING!!!

Actually this is one of the saddest postings I have read.

My heart goes out to the seller.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:41 PM

972 posts, read 2,434,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
In my mind, if an escrow check is not included in the offer for purchase, then it is not a valid offer by willing and able buyers. So are you saying you don't really have a contract on your house?
Maybe the buyers of her house are waiting for their house to close to get the cash for the escrow. Or maybe they are unwilling to actually put money into the game until their house closes. Not the right thing to do by any means, but interesting to see if the money comes in on Tuesday.

Whatever the reason, the fact is that the process on the northern house is not really going well, so the seller here is being really smart to keep marketing their house.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:42 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,113,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmarin View Post
If the OP was my client I would have handled it differently.

I would have persuaded the Seller's agent to change the original sales price to 20K higher than the original listing. This way if an offer was made on the house during the contingency period, the seller would probably realize a higher offering price than the accepted contingency offer. In addition, the OP could brag about the highly discounted price that they were able to buy at. This way they are all happy!

ONLY KIDDING!!!

Actually this is one of the saddest postings I have read.

My heart goes out to the seller.
Mine, too. The Seller has done absolutely nothing wrong and surely did not deserve to have their "morals" questioned, lol.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:44 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,509,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

Yes, there is no escrow check with the agrement/contract to puchase the house, so there is no contract.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:59 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,035,944 times
Can you explain why it bothers you that they dropped the price to what your offer is? I could see being maybe upset if it was lower than your contract price. But it's the same.

If you are so worried, then remove your contingency in your contract....That way the seller won't be so worried.
You are in the same boat as the seller, your buyer may not close. So I'm surprised you don't understand the seller's perspective.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:20 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,028,071 times
OP, it's hard to think of a more ridiculous reason not to buy/sell a house. I think something else is going on here and you are looking to justify taking an 'out' by accusing the other party of being unethical.

Heck, if I was selling a car or furniture on craigslist I'd still keep the ad up and entertain possible buyers until one of them put cash in my hands. You seriously think people selling a HOUSE should take down the ad or not reflect their new price based on your CONTINGENCY offer?

Given that you are willing to scrap the sale over this I'd say that the sellers were ABSOLUTELY CORRECT and JUSTIFIED in keeping their listing open. They don't know what kind of people they are dealing with and are wise to protect themselves.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:35 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,500,852 times
You are worrying about the seller's morals yet you are trying "to get out of the contract"? So do two wrongs make a right? What about your morals?

Old 07-11-2010, 03:54 PM

28,396 posts, read 16,242,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Yes, there is no escrow check with the agrement/contract to puchase the house, so there is no contract.
Again, I'm not a real estate agent, but I'm not certain this statement is true. If you signed an offer sheet and the sellers accepted, I believe there *IS* a contract.

You still haven't said why you're looking to get out of this deal, though. In the first couple of pages of this thread, you admitted that you love the house. If you were happy enough with the price to offer that amount, and you love the house, what has changed?

This is NOT adding up, in the least and you have given every reason under the sun as to why/how you feel you have been wronged. I don't think we're getting the real story, to tell you the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte